Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Puma Defy is a training shoe that is meant to be worn both in the gym and on the street after the workout. Its design infuses a balance of form and functionality that helps the wearers cope with the daily demands of their training regimen, while still maintaining their style. It features an entirely knit upper for comfort and flexibility. It sports a minimalist design for a sleek appearance.
- The TPU pieces are strategically installed on the side and heel sections. They are meant to enhance support and prevent missteps.
- The Puma Formstrip trademark is sewn into the side. Made of rubber, it serves as an overlay to further reinforce the sides.
- The high-profile midsole is made of the proprietary Rebound Foam. It aims to offer a plush underfoot experience and responsiveness that gives an extra bounce to propel the foot forward upon footstrike.
- A rubber outsole keeps the footwear grippy on different types of surfaces. It is textured with dots for additional traction.
This workout shoe from Puma accommodates the foot dimensions and biomechanics of women. The available sizes range from US 5.5 to 11, with half sizes in between. The model tends to run big, so it is recommended that buyers go a half-size smaller than their usual size. It only comes in one width option, which is the B - Medium.
The Puma Defy uses rubber on the bottom. It is marked with dotted patterns for multidirectional traction on different types of surfaces.
The Puma Defy has a chunky demeanor thanks to its high midsole height. It is made from the Rebound Foam technology, a responsive foam that gives back bounce once the foot hits the ground.
A fully knitted fabric is used on this part of the Puma Defy. It is designed to give a cozy sensation to the skin. It also has a flexible nature which allows the foot to move whichever direction.
In order to keep the foot steady, two types of overlays have been used. The TPU pieces are placed on the sides for lateral support and on the heel to prevent heel slippage.
The brand’s signature Formstrip rubber overlay wraps the medial part up to the heel. It further stabilizes the foot to prevent missteps and wobbling.
A traditional lace-up closure secures the trainer on the foot. It also reinforces the sides as the shoelaces are pulled tighter; therefore, improving lateral support.
A pull tab is attached to the tongue of the model. It makes pulling on the shoe easier for the wearer.
Those looking for a shoe with more vivid colors might be interested in the Puma Defy Sparkle edition. It is identical to the original model in terms of construction but sports a fully-knit upper with speckled laces and a bright team gold midsole.