Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- The soft ground variation of the Puma Classico is made of a synthetic upper that aims to mimic the softness and durability of leather. This is the same upper concept applied in the popular Adidas Samba Classic. At a glance, one might think that the upper is fashioned with genuine leather. This is due to the quilted patterns from the forefoot to the heel area that are reminiscent of Puma heritage football boots.
- The soleplate is constructed through injection moulding which makes up for the boot’s durability. It is made with a Polyurethane material known for its lightweight and flexible properties.
- Signature to Puma classic cleats such as the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG, the soft ground boot is built with six conical studs. The studs are removable and are designed with a flat metal tip similar to the soft ground variation cleats of the Puma Future collection
- The low top football boot features a central lacing system as its enclosure type. A lace-guard is stitched through the synthetic tongue to keep the laces in place.
The Puma Classico SG is offered in men’s sizes ranging from 6 to 10. The forefoot and heel stitches secure the foot snugly without the sensation of overstretching. Through the lace-up enclosure, fit can be adjusted according to one’s preference.
A standard Polyurethane outsole makes up the injection moulding construction of the football boot. It provides players an extra flex that allows for freedom of movement especially helpful for push-off motions.
Six studs are arranged in the outsole to produce excellent traction on slightly wet to muddy grounds. The studs are the screw-in type that can be adjusted depending on how soft the ground is. It features flat metal tips that aid players when maneuvering in rotational directions. It is similar to how standard conical studs work on a firm ground.
The soft ground football boot is designed with a synthetic upper meant to offer soft and lightweight sensation to players. It exudes a leathery look and feel through its forefoot and heel stitches that aid in ball control.
The football boot is enclosed through a central lacing system that provides a more custom fit.
- The Puma Classico Soft Ground has a variation for kids.