Fit & Sizing
The Puma Basket Platform Big Strap is a silhouette designed for women. The measurements available for this footwear range from 5.5 to 11.5. The shoes lack the standard lace closure system of other regular sneakers and instead makes use of oversized velcro straps that do not fail to secure the feet inside.
Puma Basket Platform Big Strap Style
The Puma Basket Platform Big Strap has the perfect amount of 90s grunge style—understated yet interesting enough to grab attention. Turn heads further by pairing your Puma sneakers with leggings or shorts and a long slim-fitting shirt. Match with ripped jeans for a more edgy look.
The Puma Basket Platform Big Strap is defined by the same silhouette that has been beloved by many for generations. However, this new version updates that retro look to fit in and stand out within today’s current fashion standards resulting in outstanding footwear you would want to be seen in.
Puma Basket Platform Big Strap History
The Puma Basket started life as warm-up basketball shoes in the 60s and were the kicks that launched Puma on the courts. The low-cut leather footwear may not have been as successful as Converse Chuck Taylors in the sport, but the combination of high athletic performance, sturdiness, and street-style swagger kickstarted the elevation of the footwear into hip-hop culture icon.
Due to the low-top footwear’s smash success, Puma released several colorways of the silhouette throughout the years. A high-top edition was also produced along with several Puma Basket iterations made of different types of leather material—patent leather, velvet leather, and so on. Quite a few silhouettes with platform-based soles were also launched aside from the Puma Basket Platform Big Strap, including the Puma Basket Platform Patent, Basket Platform Core, and Basket Platform Metallic.
- The Puma Basket Platform Big Strap is available in three colors: Apple Cinnamon, Puma Black-Puma White, and Puma White-Puma White.
- The Basket Platform Big Strap first became available in July of 2017 and retailed at the price of $110.
- The low-top Puma sneakers feature ridged white rubber platform soles, leather uppers with a big hook-and-loop straps, tonal sidestrips, and leather linings and uppers.
- The platform measures approximately 1.50 inches.
- The Puma branding on these kicks can be seen on the tongues, heels, and straps.