The strap model of the original Basket from Puma is a men’s shoe offered from sizes 7 to 14. It has three Velcro straps which allow a customized fit. This shoe fairly runs true to size. Leather, having the ability to adapt to the wearer’s foot, brings an excellent wearing comfort. The shoe carries the DNA of the original Puma Basket which is a warm-up shoe for ball games. This means that the shoe has an adequate hold and support.
The Puma Basket Classic Strap has an eye-catching appeal achieved through its replacement of laces with three functional straps on its front closure. This feature gives this sporty shoe a signature style.
The suede version gives a premium look to the shoe, elevating its appearance. On the other hand, the leather has an embossed detailing for a cheeky, urban appeal. It is excellent with casual wear such as shorts and jeans.
Most reviewers praise the Puma Basket Classic Strap for its style. Its stylish appearance comes from the distinct front closure: the three Velcro straps. It’s a shoe that replaces lacing, making it an easy, on-the-go option.
The Puma Basket Classic Strap originated from the 1968 silhouette, the Puma Basket. It is the leather version of another Puma classic, the Clyde (named after renowned basketball player Walt Frazier). The original silhouette features the typical Puma vamp constructed on the side. The popular colorways of this model include all white, red/white and black/white. It had a sturdy leather upper, making it a popular footwear choice for the winter season.
With a staying power of five decades, the silhouette has been remade in a variety of colorways and styles. It was a basketball warmup shoe which transitioned into lifestyle footwear. The Puma Basket was also a widely-worn shoe among hip-hop fans. It has a distinctive look and a simple design that won the hearts of modern-day sneaker wearers. The Basket solidified is iconic status when it became a Hall of Famer.
In the year 1995, the Puma Basket was used for the Super Basket which was launched to celebrate the Puma’s thriving history.
- he Puma Basket Classic Strap has a “Citi” version.
- The leather version is available in available in Black and White colorways. On the other hand, the suede version is available in Agave Green, Natural Vachetta and Blue Fog.
- It has a round-shaped toe box.
- The Puma Basket Classic Strap is a low-profile shoe.
- The Puma formstrip in a form of perforations on the sides.
- The shoe has smooth synthetic linings.
- The footbed is lightly padded to bring comfort.
- The rubber outsole provides traction.
- The tongue has a Puma Logo label while the heel has the Puma Cat logo.