The Puma Basket Classic Badge, with a basketball shoe inspired silhouette, ensures to provide sufficient support. In addition, this unisex low top lifestyle shoe, which generally runs true to size, is offered in men’s sizes 4-14 with a Standard D width.
Expect a basic outfit to look stylish in an instant when paired with this classic low top. It’s vintage, simple yet stunning silhouette goes well with various casual clothing including sweatpants, shorts, skirts and jeans. The shoe can also be worn in all kinds of seasons for its durable leather upper.
This sneaker was released in various colorways, mostly in white with the famous “Formstrip” highlighted in black or in bright colors like Barbados Cherry and True Blue. Black and True Blue colored versions were also introduced, the former displaying a silver logo and the latter flaunting a bright plasma Formstrip. Regardless of color, the shoe is considered by many as a wardrobe staple for its versatility.
Aside from its sleek, perforated upper made of supple and smooth leather, supporters of this brand will quickly notice this shoe for its striking “Formstrip” logo, which is embossed on the lateral and medial sides of the sneaker. The Puma Basket Classic Badge is also known for its durable rubber outsole. This provides the shoe enhanced grip and traction.
Originally introduced by Puma as a basketball warm-up shoe in the 1960’s, this sneaker, after being adopted by the hip-hop crowd in the 1970’s, soon transformed into a pop culture icon.
The Basket Classic’s tooling was derived from the recognizable silhouette of its sibling, the Puma Suede. Instead of using suede, this version’s sleeker and slimmer upper was crafted with durable and supple leather. This gave the shoe a refined, sophisticated look, which made it a popular streetwear choice and a perfect winter footwear option.
After making a name in the market in the year 1971, this sneaker, with its timeless design, has evolved over the years. Despite the many transformations it had gone through, it continues to keep its clean and simple look. However, the Basket Classic Badge’s addition of premium detailing on the sneaker’s already distinguishable aesthetics proved to be favorable as it elevated the kicks’ status to the next level.
- For a cozy in-shoe feel, the sneaker’s tongue, collar and footbed are padded.
- A secure and snug fit can be achieved with the shoe’s lace-up closure.
- The Basket Classic Badge’s interior is lined with smooth and breathable material for all-day comfort.
- This round toe boxed sneaker also features a low profile rubber midsole with a ribbed toe bumper for improved toe protection.
- The weight of this shoe in size 5 is 11 oz.
- Other recognizable features of the shoe are the metallic Puma Basket call out located at the lateral side, the famous cat logo found at the heel and the woven Puma logo label at the tongue.