Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Porter x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer is available from 7.5 to 12 in men’s sizing. The model generally runs true to size. It features a lace up closure which can be adjusted to achieve a snug fit. The heel also feels snug. The pair is based on a performance running shoe so along the instep, wearers will feel a secure fit.
The Porter x Asics Gel-Kayano Trainer carries the signature colors of Porter. The idea behind the material and color placement was borrowed from Japanese bag label’s military-influenced TANKER line. The inspiration emerged through the shoe’s black nylon upper in combination with the branding and lining in orange color.
The collaboration sneaker embodies a minimalist design that has an equal essence of the two brands which greatly charms fashion-conscious individuals. It is great with jeans and shorts.
Travel fans who have heard of Porter are surely to realize that the company’s classic colors are lavishly used in the Porter x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer. As this is the two company’s first collaborative work, the luggage giant made sure to really come up with a colorway that greatly distinguishes it from past models of this shoe.
The Porter x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer is originally from the silhouette of the ASICS GEL Kayano Trainer, (TN310) which was first released in 1993. The model is constantly being reworked since its conception. Named after shoe designer Toshizaku Kayano—who started working on the product a year before its launch—the trainer penetrated the running shoe scene as a flagship product created for individuals who are serious about high-mileage running.
The Porter x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer debuted on February 25, 2017 via Yoshida & Co. Ltd. and on March 4 via Asics. A wider global launch was set on March 11, 2017.
Porter is the main label of Yoshida & Co., Ltd., a Japanese bag and accessories manufacturer based in Tokyo.
- Porter x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer has a monosock structure that integrates very supple textile tongue and an ankle opening at the upper.
- The shoe has a jumbo heel protector.
- The exterior of the upper is a combination of nylon twill and nubuck. The former is the same fabric material used for TANKER bags. The Porter tag is found on the sides while the lining and sole unit has the Japanese bag retailer’s trademark orange color.
- The flat black shoelaces are the default. There’s an extra drawstring cord that comes with the shoe package.
- The Porter x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer bought from Yoshida & Co. Ltd. comes with an orange dust bag which can fit the pair.