Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 9.2ozWomen: 7.4oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 6mmWomen: 6mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 25mmWomen: 25mm
Forefoot heightMen: 19mmWomen: 19mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
89 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
Overall, it's a really good shoe.
The Cloudventure Peak combines design with performance in a unique and legitimate off road package that looks as good wearing around town as it does on the hill.
Updates to On Cloudventure Peak
- The Micro-Engineered Grip Rubber on the shoe’s outsole offers remarkable traction and enhanced durability to the user.
- The Cloudtec Elements in the midsole provide the desired responsiveness and comfortability to the runners while the Speedboard Platform maintains the natural gait during the activity.
- The Ripstop material on the upper is breathable in nature and it feels smooth against the skin. It maintains an environment of healthy ventilation inside the shoe, thereby keeping the runner’s foot dry and cool during the run.
- The Taped Reinforcements are added to bring more structure to the upper. These are very light in weight and provide additional protection to the user’s feet while running.
- The Lightweight Welded Eyestay secures the shoe in its proper position, thereby keeping the fit comfortably snug around the foot throughout the running session.
- The rubber toe cap & the heel cap provide additional protection to the forefoot and heel regions of the runner’s foot respectively.
On Cloudventure Peak size and fit
The On Cloudventure Peak fits true to size. The shoe is available in the standard running length and it comes in the standard medium width of D for men and B for women, respectively. The upper is flexible, which makes it suitable for runners with wide feet, as well.
The On’s innovative technology of the Micro-Engineered Grip Rubber on the outsole has excellent traction properties. It provides a firm grip to the runners on loose or wet surfaces, thereby improving their efficiency and minimizing the effort needed to resist the tricky conditions on trails.
The shoe utilizes the brand’s exclusive Cloudtec Elements in its midsole for maximum comfort and enhanced responsiveness. The technology consists of tiny compressed balls very effective in absorbing and distributing impact loads and returning back the energy needed for propulsion.
The full-length Speedboard is very effective in evenly distributing the effect of concentrated loads over the whole surface area, thereby reducing the risk of damage to the shoe or of injury to the user. The plate provides a plush yet responsive feel during the ride and keeps the individual motivated for running longer distances.
The Ripstop material on the upper ensures a lightweight and breathable environment for the runner, thereby keeping the feet comfortably cool and dry while running.
To add structure to the upper, the On CloudVenture Peak utilizes the nearly weightless ‘Taped Reinforcements’ on its top. These reinforcements maintain a snug fit around the user’s feet and are also very effective in keeping moisture away from the shoe.
The Lightweight Welded Eyestay is an efficient way of tying the shoe. The technology provides a feel of customized fit to the user.
The shoe houses the Rubber Toe Cap in the forefoot region. It provides additional protection against rocks and aberrations while running.
The On Cloudventure Peak boasts the heel cage, which keeps the user’s heel in its proper position while out on the trails. It also provides additional security against impact forces during longer runs.