Who should buy the Ocun Strike LU
The Ocun Strike LU is a competent climbing shoe, thanks to its remarkable send-specific positives and an asking price that appeals greatly to the masses. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a climbing shoe that is designed to provide lasting comfort, reducing the likelihood of wearers removing the shoe in between send attempts.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that provides excellent surface grip.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that is mainly intended for bouldering pursuits.
Updates to Ocun Strike LU
- The Ocun Strike LU is a well-rounded product built with climbers of all skill levels in mind. It is designed to provide lasting comfort, reducing the likelihood of wearers removing the shoe in between send attempts.
- This shoe has been overhauled to modernize its utility. Indeed, compared with its former self, the updated Strike LU has a sleeker profile. Its eyelets have also been upped from six to eight.
- When it comes to surface grip, the refreshed Strike LU relies on its CAT 1.1 outsole. This sticky component replaces the previous model’s Grippin Dura outsole.
- Ocun lists the Strike LU under the vegan category. This means that this budget-friendly shoe, from top to bottom, is completely devoid of animal substance.
Downturn. The Strike LU is among Ocun’s selection of downturn-less (neutral) rock climbing kicks. Since it comes without any meaningful downward camber, it can get on edges and perform smears with as much purchase as possible. By design, climbing shoes of this type provide extended comfort, making them ideal for problems involving multiple pitches.
Applications. This indoor-centric offering from Ocun is mainly intended for bouldering pursuits. It is adequately equipped for ascents on vertical faces. It is a rock shoe made for beginners and intermediate climbers alike.
- Ocun’s Strike LU is a low-top climbing shoe for men and women (unisex). Climbers from the female gender crowd are advised to get a pair a full size smaller than their street shoe size. It provides a kind of fit that accommodates virtually every foot type.
- Inside its mildly asymmetric confines, the foot is likely to bend inward, giving the inner side of the arch a little bit of pressure. In terms of stretch, the Strike LU might only provide marginal at best. A customized fit is via the rock shoe’s lacing system.
Provides slip and skid resistance
When it comes to slip and skid resistance, climbers have the Strike LU’s heavy-duty outsole, called CAT 1.1, to thank. It is a rubberized component exclusive to the brand. 4 millimeters is its thickness.
The Strike LU is equipped with a medium-stiff midsole for added support underfoot.
Atop it is a canvas footbed, which provides extra cushioning.
Easy to wear
The Ocun Strike LU climbing shoe sports a low-top upper made of microfiber. It comes with a pair of synthetic pull loops to expedite slipping in and out of the shoe. Its tongue is sufficiently padded for added comfort.
Excellent lace-up closure
Completing the upper equation of the Strike LU is the shoe’s lace-up closure. It consists of combination eyelets and a lace made of interwoven synthetic cords.