Who should buy the Ocun Ozone Plus
The Ozone Plus is a wise investment, especially for climbers on a limited budget. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a climbing shoe that responds to senders who regularly face the challenge of routes characterized by tricky pockets and micro-footholds.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that helps climbers send projects on overhangs and vertical faces in safety.
Updates to Ocun Ozone Plus
- The Ozone Plus, the wide counterpart of the Ozone QC, is Ocun’s response to senders who regularly face the challenge of routes characterized by tricky pockets and micro-footholds. It has been revamped to sport a new look and up its utility.
- Compared with its former self, the redesigned Ozone Plus has a snappier construction, particularly concerning its Velcro closure. Its forefoot rand, which is part of the supportive 3-Force System (an Ocun exclusive), is also fuller than the previous model’s.
- It inherits the pre-update version’s outsole, however. Yes, the Ocun Ozone Plus climbing shoes sport the same Vibram XS Grip outsole.
Downturn. Ocun’s Ozone Plus comes with a highly downturned (aggressive) camber. With it, wearers can expect to pull off toe-related maneuvers with enough precision. Most climbing kicks like the Ozone Plus can provide sufficient comfort on single-pitch problems.
Applications. This aggressive rock shoe may be used both indoors and outdoors. Bouldering and sport are the types of climbs for which it was built. It has the necessary components to help climbers send projects on overhangs and vertical faces in safety.
The Ocun Ozone Plus is a climbing shoe that comes with a low-top ankle cuff. It is a unisex piece, which means female climbers might need to size down a full size to get a precise fit in it. In the area of stretch, the Ocun Ozone Plus might provide only a little. The foot will lie bent (inward) within its heavily asymmetric interior. Its hook-and-loop strapping system makes lockdown customization possible.
With the Vibram XS Grip outsole, climbing in the Ocun Ozone Plus translates to reaching heights in security. It is a fully rubberized construction. Both its segments are 4 mm in thickness.
When it comes to additional support, senders have the Ozone Plus’ 3D Fit midsole to thank.
It has a rigidity level of medium, granting the shoe a bit more flexibility. Ocun engineers layered it with a leather footbed for added comfort.
Easy to wear
The Ocun Ozone Plus sports a low-cut upper made mainly of microfiber. Its designers equipped its heel with two pull loops to make on and off a quick affair.
Excellent toe and heel-hooking performance
Wrapping the forefoot section of this Ocun gear is the 3-Force System. It delivers enough toe-hooking grip while promoting the structural soundness of the shoe’s toe box. What provides adequate heel-hooking traction in this piece, on the other hand, is the rock shoe’s tensioned heel rand.
A pair of Velcro straps highlight the Ozone Plus’ closure system. Each of these highly adjustable straps is set through a heavy-duty beveled buckle.