Who should buy the Oboz Arete Mid BDry
The Oboz Arete Mid BDry can take you places and push you further with enduring confidence. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that protects the foot against rain, mud, and water.
- Prefer a hiking boot that is built for varying terrain.
- Prefer a hiking boot that protects the shoe from stone bruising.
Updates to Oboz Arete Mid BDry
- This waterproof version of the Oboz Arete mid-top hiker features the BDry waterproof membrane that protects the foot against rain, mud, and water. The no-sew TPU overlays in the upper keep this shoe sleek and light while providing durability. It also comes with the Oboz proprietary insole that is molded to match the specific shape and construction of the shoe for a comfortable and supportive fit.
- Built for varying terrain, this shoe is equipped with the Tempest Outsole that features multi-directional and perimeter lugs for traction, and active flex grooves for freedom of movement. There's also an integrated shank that reduces the weight and impact absorbed by the foot, and an ESS forefoot plate that minimizes over-flexion and protects the shoe from stone bruising.
Size and fit
The stretchy mesh upper of the Oboz Arete Mid BDry waterproof backpacking footwear promotes a snug fit and the no-sewn overlays give the wearer a smooth and glove-like feeling. The collar of this boot goes above the ankle for extra coverage and support. It uses a traditional lace-up closure with two metal hooks on top for a personalized fit.
Excellent grip and traction on different surfaces
Like most of the Oboz hiking boots, the Arete Mid BDry features the Tempest Outsole. It's a propriety sole technology by Oboz made with multi-directional lugs for enhanced grip and traction in different surfaces, from rocky hills to muddy trails, loose dirt, sand, and gravel.
Meanwhile, the active flex grooves give the sole enough flexibility to promote freedom of movement. There are also linear indentations in the heel and toe area for more grip when taking ascents or descents.
The Oboz Arete Mid BDry hiking boot uses a single-density EVA that provides long-lasting cushioning and comfort. Unique to this footwear is the integration of the TPU stabilizers that promote the torsional flex and natural movement of the foot.
Another feature worth mentioning about this shoe is the integrated shank that reduces weight and provides additional support, and the ESS forefoot plate that minimizes over-flexion.
This boot also includes the O FIT Insole - a propriety removable footbed - for added cushioning and support.
The Arete Mid BDry has an upper made of weather-resistant jacquard woven mesh with no-sew panels and synthetic TPU overlays.
Provides toe protection
It also features a welded TPU toe cap for added protection against trail hazards.