|Base model:||Nike Zoom Fly 3|
|Heel to toe drop:||Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Features:||Cushioned | Comfortable|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Release date:||Jul 2019|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- Because weight is such a big factor in creating running shoes, Nike employed Vaporweave upper to the Nike Zoom Fly 3 Rise. This is one of the latest innovations from Nike that offers more breathability via see-through woven upper material. This technology also helps the shoe absorb less water, thus making the shoe more lightweight.
- Unlike many running shoes, the Zoom Fly 3 Rise does not feature a tongue. This is because of the integration of the cleatie construction on the shoe. This helps create a seamless sock-like fit to the shoe.
- The aerodynamic heel has a tapered heel construction that allows the elimination of the pressure on the Achilles tendon of the foot. This also helps increase the speed of the runner by reducing the drag.
- To further secure the fit of the shoe, arch bands are attached to the lacing system of the Nike Zoom Fly 3 Rise.
- Full-length Nike React midsole provides underfoot cushioning to the shoe. This full-length component of the shoe is known for its long-lasting properties. It also gives the shoe a lightweight feel. It provided added cushioning to the foot that helps enhance comfort and helps in the shock absorption upon the foot’s impact to the ground.
- To create a stiff platform of propulsion, a carbon fiber plate is added into the full-length Nike React midsole of the Nike Zoom Fly 3 Rise. This element can shrink or expand in order to secure flexibility in one’s stride.
When it comes to the sizing of Nike Zoom Fly 3 Rise, it is available in standard sizing scheme for women. To ensure the accurate in-shoe fit, it is best to go try on the fit of the shoe first before proceeding to purchase. It is also advised that one should go through various feedbacks from different experts and testers first.
The technical components affecting the fit of the shoe is the Zoom Fly 3 Rise’s lacing system that allows adjustable fit. Additionally, the shoe also features a cleatie construction that allows the shoe to have a seamless sock-like fit. This construction basically eliminates the need for a tongue in the shoe. The shoe is also constructed with a low collar that helps the shoe conform to the fit and shape of the foot. Lastly, arch bands are incorporated into the lacing system of the shoe to ensure snug fit and security.
The outsole of the Nike Zoom Fly 3 Rise is composed of durable rubber that is placed on the shoe’s forefoot and heel for enhanced durability, especially in high-wear areas. It also helps increase the traction and grip of the foot on varied surfaces. This material can also be found in New Balance 1500 v5 and Hoka One One Bondi 6.
The shoe utilizes lengthwise flex grooves to allow the foot to still have a good grip on a variety of surfaces and in different weather conditions- wet or dry.
This Nike running shoe employs a full-length Nike React midsole- one of Nike’s newest innovations in cushioning. The Nike React midsole is comprised of foam that offers a soft feel to allow comfort and a springy feel as it is squishy in nature. This technology sports durability properties while still giving a lightweight feel when running. It is also claimed to be the most superior in terms of energy return as it delivers greater energy return percentage compared to other running foams.
Carbon Fibre Plate is integrated into the midsole of the shoe. This creates a stiff propulsion platform that is still able to bend along with the motion of the foot. This provides the underfoot cushioning of the Zoom Fly 3 Rise.
The Nike Zoom Fly 3 Rise features Vaporweave upper. This is a see-through woven upper that sports a thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) and Thermal Plastic Elastomer (TPE) blend. This upper absorbs less water, thus helping in achieving Nike’s goal of making this shoe a lightweight shoe. Having a lightweight shoe helps the runner conserve energy. According to studies, on average, every 100 grams of weight increases the metabolic cost of running by 1 percent.
The low-collar composition of the shoe also allows this lightweight running shoe to basically adapt and conform to the shape of the foot.
The cleatie construction of the shoe allows it to no longer employ a tongue. This provides easy entry to the shoe, as well, while creating a seamless sock-like fit.
Attached to the shoe’s lacing are the arch bands which are comprised of stretchy panels. These take off pressure from the instep. These also help in ensuring the snug fit and security of the Zoom Fly 3 Rise.
The aerodynamic heel is integrated into the shoe. This features a tapered heel construction that helps enhance one’s speed when running by reducing the drag. This heel also arches away from the ankle which relieves the pressure from the Achilles tendon.
To pay tribute to the founding of Nike during the 70s, the shoe features the Swoosh sunburst graphic near its heel. This was created by Jeff Johnson during 1972 to pay homage to the logo from the summer games in Munich.
The Nike Zoom Fly 3 Rise is a part of the Nike® Women's Rise Collection. The shoe is available in different versions sporting different colorways such as Sanded Purple/Midnight Turquoise/Stellar Indigo/Black and Luminous Green/Starfish/Electric Green/ Black.