Nike Waffle Trainer 2
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
33% say it's too large, 67% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Nike Waffle Trainer 2: A fresh spin to the old sole
When it comes to retro running shoes, Nike has oodles under its wings to share. Nike Waffle Trainer 2 is one of its heritage-inspired silhouettes that takes us back to the ‘70s. Suppose you love adding certified classic running shoe styles into your sneaker collection. In that case, you might find this comeback Waffle with an unmistakably exposed foam on the tongue a fitting add-on.
It’s one of the minimalist sneakers done in nylon and suede that’s offered in a broad color palette. You’ll find this among the sea of neutral black, white, flashy orange, earthy brown, and even glittery gold sneakers.
Geeking out about its details
- Some variations come with an extra pair of laces which can be worn together or separately
- It has a Swoosh deubré for added charm
- Its rubber outsole shows the 2 US patents for the Waffle design: 3793750 (1974) and 4098011 (1978). The earlier one describes the waffle nubs from toe to heel, while the latter numbers are for the heel pattern.
Toe to toe with other Waffle sneakers
- Daybreak has a bit of bulk to its form with the added arch support and more padding around the collar.
- Challenger OG bears a chiseled sole and slim profile. It's almost identical to the Waffle Trainer 2 except that the Challenger has a wider mesh arrangement at the forefoot, thinner tongue, and leather hits on the forefoot and heel.