Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
I think in terms os pure value for money, the Vapor 12 Pro definitely edges it out. The only significant negative that I found for the Nike Vapor 12 is a stitching in the liner basically running straight across the top of the toes.
Technically, it's a takedown model but it's not really a takedown model. If you're comparing this to the Vapor 10 or the Vapor 11, I actually think these are better in most ways that you can compare the shoes.
- The Nike Vapor 12 Pro Firm Ground Game Over boasts a barefoot feel and excellent fit that allows players to speed through natural grass. Following the lead of the flagship cleat, this model showscases impressive technologies that are sure to give the competition a run for their money.
- The brand has fitted this soccer cleat with a micro-textured upper made of premium synthetic material. This upper wraps the foot snugly for a second-skin-like fit that is very beneficial during ball handling. The textured detail helps improve ball grip, even at high speeds, so precision is kept consistent.
- Another detail to this firm ground cleat is its standard laces situated on the midfoot, which is similar to the one on the Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground and the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG. With this feature, players can adjust the fit to their preferred tightness reinforcing comfort. Additionally, this cleat highlights an integrated tongue that works to give a secure and more consistent fit throughout the entire match.
- The base of this Nike cleat has been engineered with a podular plate system that mirror’s the foot's shape and gives reliable traction. The plate features a set of chevron studs lined strategically to ensure smooth speed transitions as well as abrupt stops on the natural grass pitch.
The Nike Vapor 12 Pro Firm Ground Game Over is available in standard sizes for both men and women. It comes in a regular width and has a smaller fit so purchasers might consider buying a size bigger for better comfort. In terms of how it wraps the foot, this shoe’s synthetic upper offers a snug fit to enable a second-skin feel. Moreover, central laces installed on the cleat allow for a more personalized fit.
Premium synthetic material lines the upper of the Nike Vapor 12 Pro Firm Ground Game Over. It wraps the foot in a form-fitting hug and utilizes a micro-textured detail to help create a second-skin feel. Moreover, the Game Over version of this soccer cleat features a Dark Grey and Yellow colorway and highlights the Nike swoosh on the vamp and the collection’s call out on the heel.
Nike has also equipped this cleat with a central lacing system, which wearers can adjust according to their preference. This allows for a more personalized and comfortable fit. Additionally, an integrated tongue helps secure the foot and keep a consistent fit.
For its base, this version of the Vapor utilizes podular plates that mirror the shape of the foot. This type of sole unit provides responsive traction on natural grass as it uses a set of chevron studs positioned on the heel and the forefoot. The stud pattern works to deliver bursts of speed as well as facilitate quick stops on the pitch.
- This soccer cleat weighs 209 grams.