Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
75 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
This is a poser. It looks like Tiempo because it is technically called a Tiempo but trust me when I say this is not a tiempo.
Features of the Nike Tiempo Rio IV Firm Ground
- The Nike Tiempo Rio IV is one of the most affordable football boots in the Nike lineups. Patterned to the likes of Nike Tiempo and Premier football boots, its features are meant to keep up with the legendary standards. At its price point, not all Tiempo components are retained specifically the natural leather upper. However, valuable features are incorporated to make this cleat a value for money.
- The upper material used for Nike Tiempo Rio IV is a synthetic that mimics the finish of the natural leather. It features moulded texture that is built for ball control. The style is a modern take on the classic stitched detailing of the second and third generation Tiempo Rio.
- The soleplate of the fourth generation Tiempo Rio is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane), known for its stable and durable quality.
- Typical to the Tiempo line-up, the Rio IV has a central lacing system with a thinner tongue and a low top design. It allows for a more personalized fit and lockdown sourcing from the midfoot.
- To decrease pressure from the soleplate, the soccer cleat has a non-removable mesh liner insole. The same quality of insole is found in Tiempo Ligera IV.
- The stud pattern is identical to its predecessor, the Tiempo Rio III and Nike Premier II FG. It is dominantly composed of conical studs for rotational movements.
Fit and sizing
For players with regular width, it is recommended by the majority to go for a half size up when ordering a pair of the Nike Tiempo Rio IV. For the wide-footed, it is best to go one size up to achieve the best comfort fit from the synthetic leather. Standard sizes are available in men’s and women’s version.
The soleplate of the football boot is one of its kind in the Tiempo line-up. The stud configuration was a huge update from the second generation Tiempo Rio that had full bladed studs on the heel. The TPU soleplate of Tiempo Rio IV is designed with a mixture of low profile conical studs and only one bladed stud.
A mixture of conical and half-conical studs are arranged in the heel area. In the lateral forefoot side, four conical studs line up the perimeter while three conical studs with one half-conical are on the medial side. One bladed stud is positioned in the center of the forefoot.
Conicals studs aid in rotational maneuverability while the half-conical ones are beneficial for push-off motions.
The synthetic leather upper provides a soft, padded sensation that is distinctively responsive to the ball. Through the embossed texturing in the forefoot and heel area, ball touch is intended to be enhanced.
A stitch segment is seen on both sides of the midfoot as a design pattern. It sets the boundaries to the Nike Swoosh in the heel area that are marked with moulded texture.
The football boot features a central lacing system anchored in a thin synthetic tongue. The enclosure type allows for an adjustable fit centered on the midfoot.
- The Tiempo Rio IV has turf and indoor variations.
- The firm ground football boot is available in Junior’s and women’s version.
- The following colorways are available for the Tiempo football boot: Black-White-Laser Orange-Volt, University Red-White-Black, Blue-White-Obsidian-Glacier Blue, Black-White-Black-Metallic-Vivid Gold and Black-White Black.