Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
75 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
This is a poser. It looks like Tiempo because it is technically called a Tiempo but trust me when I say this is not a tiempo.
- The Nike Tiempo Rio IV is one of the most affordable soccer cleats in the Nike lineups. Patterned to the likes of Nike Tiempo and Premier soccer cleats, its features are meant to keep up with the legendary standards. At its price point, not all Tiempo components are retained specifically the natural leather upper. However, valuable features are incorporated to make this cleat a value for money.
- The upper material used for Nike Tiempo Rio IV is a synthetic that mimics the finish of the natural leather. It features moulded texture that is built for ball control. The style is a modern take on the classic stitched detailing of the second and third generation Tiempo Rio.
- The soleplate of the fourth generation Tiempo Rio is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane), known for its stable and durable quality.
- Typical to the Tiempo line-up, the Rio IV has a central lacing system with a thinner tongue and a low top design. It allows for a more personalized fit and lockdown sourcing from the midfoot.
- To decrease pressure from the soleplate, the soccer cleat has a non-removable mesh liner insole. The same quality of insole is found in Tiempo Ligera IV.
- The stud pattern is identical to its predecessor, the Tiempo Rio III and Nike Premier II FG. It is dominantly composed of conical studs for rotational movements.
For players with regular width, it is recommended by the majority to go for a half size up when ordering a pair of the Nike Tiempo Rio IV. For the wide-footed, it is best to go one size up to achieve the best comfort fit from the synthetic leather. Standard sizes are available in men’s and women’s version.
The soleplate of the soccer cleat is one of its kind in the Tiempo line-up. The stud configuration was a huge update from the second generation Tiempo Rio that had full bladed studs on the heel. The TPU soleplate of Tiempo Rio IV is designed with a mixture of low profile conical studs and only one bladed stud.
A mixture of conical and half-conical studs are arranged in the heel area. In the lateral forefoot side, four conical studs line up the perimeter while three conical studs with one half-conical are on the medial side. One bladed stud is positioned in the center of the forefoot.
Conicals studs aid in rotational maneuverability while the half-conical ones are beneficial for push-off motions.
The synthetic leather upper provides a soft, padded sensation that is distinctively responsive to the ball. Through the embossed texturing in the forefoot and heel area, ball touch is intended to be enhanced.
A stitch segment is seen on both sides of the midfoot as a design pattern. It sets the boundaries to the Nike Swoosh in the heel area that are marked with moulded texture.
The soccer cleat features a central lacing system anchored in a thin synthetic tongue. The enclosure type allows for an adjustable fit centered on the midfoot.
- The Tiempo Rio IV has turf and indoor variations.
- The firm ground soccer cleat is available in Junior’s and women’s version.
- The following colorways are available for the Tiempo soccer cleat: Black-White-Laser Orange-Volt, University Red-White-Black, Blue-White-Obsidian-Glacier Blue, Black-White-Black-Metallic-Vivid Gold and Black-White Black.