Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
Other than those little things, there isn't a huge difference between this and that top-end shoe. So if you're just looking for the best possible value, for sure the Legacy 3 is the way to go.
The Flyknit is combined with a soft Kangaroo leather upper that sits on top of a foam skeleton and all of the above is meant to make the Tiempo Legend 7 the most comfortable football boot of 2017.
The Nike Tiempo Legacy III soccer shoe is the second-best version of the Nike Tiempo 2017 cleat generation. T
I was really impressed with the traction that it got. I do think that the chevron stud in the middle does help push off and get a quicker first step than a traditional stud.
Features of the Nike Tiempo Legend VII Pro Firm Ground
- Following the debut of the Tiempo Legend VII Elite, the Tiempo Legend VII Pro FG (formerly the Tiempo Legacy III FG) features the same quality kangaroo leather upper as the line's first release. Underneath the leather is an internal skeleton support frame that reinforces the kangaroo material for structure and flexibility. The integration of the foam skeleton allows for a superior ball touch from the upper.
- A new feature on the football boot is the dynamic Flywire cables interlinked with the lacing system. These cables function to enhance foot lockdown, resulting in an adaptive fit. As these cables run diagonally from the instep down to the back of the heel, they help the boot withstand lateral forces.
- Another feature of the football boot is the unique structure of the tongue. On each side, the tongue is attached to elastic gussets that hold it in place during play. Moreover, the top of the tongue is ribbed with added cushioning to the foot.
Fit and sizing
By utilizing Flywire cables in the lacing system, the boot provides a snug yet adaptive fit. A floating mesh liner inside the toe and mid-foot also helps preserve the original fit of the boot. Further, the molded sock liner that helps reduce stud pressure provides added comfort. As for sizing, the football boot comes in the standard sizes for men and women.
The Tiempo Legend VII Pro FG’s outsole is made from TPU plastic with a design that takes after the Legend VII's Hyperstability sole plate. It features a combination of Chevron and conical studs that offers light support and responsive feedback from the pitch. Such stud configuration ensures that players can execute all the quick turns and speedy accelerations while maintaining stability.
For its upper, the Tiempo Legend VII Pro FG is fitted with premium kangaroo leather that provides an excellent, soft sensation in the foot. The upper is built without any seam or stitching but instead is constructed with a quilted foam skeleton underneath. It serves to slightly dampen the feel of the ball, improving overall ball touch.
On the other hand, the boot utilizes a floating mesh liner inside the toe and the mid-foot. It helps in preserving the original fit of the boot. Moreover, the tongue is ribbed to enhance cushioning. It is also attached to elastic gussets on its lateral aside to help it stay in place when worn.
- The football boot weighs 7.1 ounces.
- The football boot is formerly known as the Nike Tiempo Legacy III FG.
- The Tiempo line is worn by the likes of Sergio Ramos, Jérôme Boateng, and Gerard Piqué.