Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 21 expert reviews
The Legend 7 is a very comfortable fit, but itneed a little break in time. It also has a good touch on the ball.
The shoe's design is bulky, but the new technologies are exciting.
If you like the natural feel of leather, but you don’t want to miss out on the responsiveness, more aggressive traction, and the lighter feel that you can get from modern synthetic shoes, you can get that now in the Legend VII.
The shoe is pretty light. It also feels solid on the feet. If you want the kangaroo leather feel and the classic touch on the ball from a lightweight shoe, it’s all in the Tiempo Legend 7.
Features of the Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground
- The seventh generation Tiempo Legend Elite FG made some small but notable changes to its predecessor to make an already tested line even better. To start off is the Fitmesh material found in the upper which was a first for this line. The Fitmesh tightens its hold when more pressure is applied.
- Additionally, the Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite FG utilizes a Kangaroo leather in its upper. Considered as a premium material, it creates a tight but comfortable fit for the football boot.
- The tongue and midfoot consists of a Flyknit material that encloses Flywire cables connected to the base of the soleplate. The Flyknit material provides a comfortable coverage on top of the foot. Seeming like it’s overly padded, this is not the case for this football boot as it maintains an adequate feel for the ball.
- Moreover, Flywire cables have been integrated into the central lacing system. This combination creates room for new adjustments in fit in addition to an already snug-fitting boot.
- The heel lined with a synthetic suede material and the sides lined with bumps for additional padding and lockdown.
- A Hyperstability soleplate makes up the outsole. To create a lightweight sole, Nike made use of a combination of nylon and Pebax materials. Moreover, the stud configuration is an assortment of conical, chevron and blades to cater to multi-directional movements.
Fit and sizing
The Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground cleat has a tight but comfortable fit that can accommodate slightly wide foot types. It is available in men and women’s sizes. Men’s sizes are available from 7 to 9.5 while women can choose from sizes 8.5 to 11. Although, one must take note that some users expressed that the football boot runs a half size small so, it is recommended to go a half size up for the best fit.
Shedding off 60 grams from Tiempo Legend VI, this football cleat was designed to become more lightweight with the use of the Hyperstability soleplate. Nike utilized a combination of Pebax and Nylon materials in the construction of the sole.
In addition to this, Nike also relied on Finite Element Analysis (FEA). This tool helps designers test which traction patterns are the most ideal for foot foundation as well as quickly configure features like the stud pattern. For this boot, what they were able to create is an amalgamation of jagged conicals, chevrons, and blades. This combination is specifically designed to accommodate multi-directional movements. In partnership with the FEA system is the 3D printing technology.
The Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground cleat features a premium Kangaroo leather upper. Known for its comfortable fit, this material molds into the shape of the user’s foot with little to no need for break-in time.
The Flyknit material is utilized for the tongue as well as the midfoot area. This knitted material known for its comfort has been combined with Flywire cables for a sock-like fit. To further fit customization, the cables are fused with the central lacing system of the soccer boot.
A first for this silo, the Fitmesh technology has been introduced into the Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite FG. Reactive to the pressure applied, it functions like a Chinese finger trap - it tightens its hold as more pressure is applied. Purposely designed to act as a floating lining between the foot and leather - it gives the player an adequate feel for the upper while locking down the foot and, at the same time, prevent overstretching. It also serves as a liner to preserve the structure of the football boot.
Lined with a synthetic suede material, the heel aids in foot lockdown. The internal heel area is also lined with pods for padding. The outer heel area was not left out as it is coated with a synthetic material, as well.
Special Colorways of the Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground
- Nike Just Do It color pack
A collection released for the 2018 World Cup, the Just Do It collection mixes a glaring soleplate color while maintaining a primarily white upper. The resulting look is that of a delicately sophisticated aesthetic while maintaining the right amount of edge. Featuring a different soleplate colorway for each silo, the Tiempos sport a metallic cool grey and Blue Hero color scheme; the Hypervenom pairs the upper colors with a Volt soleplate; Magista couples the neutral colors with Light Crimson; and lastly, the Mercurials with a Total Orange plate.
- The Nike Tiempo Legend VII Elite Firm Ground is available in several colorways including University Red/White/Black/Bright Crimson, Gamma Blue/ White/ Obsidian/ Glacier Blue, Black/ White/ Laser Orange/ Volt, Black/ White, Black/ Armory Navy/ Light Armory Blue/ Armory Blue/ Hot Punch, Black/White/Light Aqua/Volt and Laser Orange/White/Black/Volt.
- The term “Elite” was added to the football boot’s name as part of the 2018 Nike soccer cleats rebranding. This is to signify that the boot is a high-end model.