Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Available for men and women, the Nike Tennis Classic CS is a low-top sneaker that allows comfy ankle mobility with the support of its padded collar and mesh tongue. It has a traditional lace closure that can be adjusted depending on the wearer's preference for a snug and cozy fit. A tongue tab is present as well for a more secure fit.
Men's sizing ranges from 6 to 15 in D Medium width, while women's sizing ranges from 5 to 12 in B Medium width. Half sizes are also available.
The premium update on the Nike Tennis Classic CS Style gave rise to a modern and sleek touch to the '80s iconic tennis shoe. It has this sporty look that could up the street style and athleisure game to another level and a minimalist upper that offers style versatility. Rock it with any outfit for a classic look that never goes out of fashion.
One notable feature of the Nike Tennis Classic CS is its minimal upper in premium leather material that stands out even from afar. It gives the shoe a modern appeal without losing its classic roots. In addition, the shoe also features a mesh tongue for a more breathable and comfortable feel on the feet.
When professional tennis player John McEnroe made history for his 1981 Wimbledon Championship victory, he was wearing one of Nike's most iconic shoes of all time – the Nike Tennis "Wimbledon" or otherwise known as the Nike Wimbledon GTS. It was officially released in the market in 1982 and continued production until 1996.
In 2002, the Nike Wimbledon GTS was reissued and given a reinterpretation as the Nike Tennis Classic. Over the years, this classic low-top sneaker received various changes in shape, materials, and colors while retaining its timeless roots and re-released in different iterations. One of which is the Nike Tennis Classic CS that released in 2015. It gave a premium and modern update on the original silhouette through a supple leather upper with minimal aesthetics while staying true to its form. It also features an EVA midsole and a herringbone-patterned rubber outsole for maximum traction.
- The Nike Tennis Classic CS has a cushioned midsole for supplemental comfort.
- Stitching details are visibly present on the midsole for added durability.
- A minimal Nike branding is exhibited on the tongue. There is also a branding presented on the heel part.
- The rubber outsole features deep flex grooves for maximum traction.
- The signature Swoosh on the sides is of two variations. On the initial release, it is stitched in a contrasting pop of color as an additional reinforcement on the upper. But on some colorways, it is presented in the form of perforations for added breathability.