Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Nike Shox NZ has the Gilly lacing system which delivers an optimum foot lockdown. The lacing system also lessens the weight on the forefoot thus making this a more comfortable pair. The Nike Shox also has the Phylon padding for lightweight cushioning. The Shox NZ is available in women’s and men’s sizes.
The Nike Shox NZ has an upper that is made of one-piece synthetic leather for a sleek profile and has mesh on certain areas for ventilation. The Nike Shox 4-column cushioning unit under the heel gives a modern yet minimalist look to this shoe and was eventually adapted by the street fashion. Most users pair this sneaker with their favorite jeans, joggers or short and tees. Being offered in a wide array of colorways, this pair really looks great for any casual events.
The most notable feature of the Nike Shox NZ is the presence of the innovative 4-column Shox technology located under the heel. This feature further improves gait, speed and absorbs shock well.
Another striking feature is the outsole that displays well-engineered rubber traction. It displays a perfect amount of flex with waffle pattern rubber using the BRS 1000 carbon.
Many buyers also applauded the wide colorway selection of the Shox NZ. It is almost guaranteed that buyers will eventually find their own perfect preferred color combination.
After 16 years of series of research and development, Nike was able to debut the Nike Shox in 2000. Nike Shox is a technology developed to provide stability, improve the speed and to absorb shock during running. The Shox technology is also responsible for the lightness of the shoe and heel protection, thus allowing the runner to have more efficient strides. It is composed of small hollow columns in the midsole and typically made of rubber.
Nike was able to inject the Shox technology into its several shoes. Aside from giving comfort and absorb shock during running, the recognizable column feature of the Shox technology was embraced by the street casual fashion.
Some of the Nike’s best selling shoes have adapted the Shox technology. Among the recently released, the Nike Shox NZ is the only version that uses a fitted one-piece upper with a Gilly lacing system.
- The Nike Shox NZ upper is made of synthetic and textile materials that are constructed as fitted one-piece for a smooth profile.
- The Gilly lacing system delivers optimum foot lockdown.
- The forefoot has Phylon padding for lightweight cushioning.
- The heel has the Nike Shox 4-column unit that serves as a shock absorption component.
- It has Pebax® plate over the Shox columns which provides lateral stability and support.
- The rubber outsole is made of BRS 1000 carbon with waffle pattern to provide comfort and optimum traction.
- The star of the hit series “House”, Hugh Laurie has 37 pairs of Nike Shox that he wears on and off the set. It has been noted that the Nike Shox NZ is his favorite.
- The comedian Jerry Seinfeld, a running enthusiast, is also a fan of the Nike Shox NZ.