Additional ankle support and comfortable fit can be expected from the SB Dunk Pro High QS’ high-top construction. Variations with the “TRD” labeling, though, are known to feature thick padding on the collar and tongue for increased protection and comfort. Available in men’s sizes with a standard width, these models ordinarily fits true to size.
In spite of their exceptional looks and rarely seen color combinations, the high-top Nike SB Dunk High Pro QS models have kept the original’s silhouette unchanged. Whether neutral -toned or vibrant-colored, these kicks look stunning with skinny jeans, cuffed sweats, khakis and tapered pants.
While this sneaker has undergone countless transformations, the Nike SB Dunk High Pro QS maintains its retro vibe with the addition of the classic cupsole. Durable at the same time well-cushioned, it is known for its enhanced impact protection. The Air-infused removable Zoom insoles, on the one hand, supply added cushioning for shock absorption and comfort.
The Dunk High was born in the year 1985. A product of designer Peter Moore’s creativity, this hoop shoe which looked a lot like the Air Jordan, later on, turned into a fashion trend.
Originally clad in shades that matched the college basketball teams’ colors in those days, the Dunk High was appropriately called the College Color High. Worn with pride by hoop fans to support their favorite teams, it was popularized by the tagline “Be True to Your School."
16 years after, coveted classics, the Nike Dunk High included, were turned into skate-worthy footwear upon the establishment of Nike SB or Skateboarding. Featured in a low-cut construction with Zoom air insoles, an updated outsole as well as increased padding, the skateboarding version was dubbed as the Nike SB Dunk Low.
A high-cut rendition was introduced afterward. Despite being welcomed coldly by the skater community during its debut, the sneaker, a few years after, proved that it had the oomph to stand out and become a mainstay in the Nike SB collection.
Over the years, the SB Dunk High Pro has been seen in a wide array of variations. Special editions crafted with premium materials often flaunt a distinctive design. These are usually released in small quantities at selected retailers and are dubbed as the Nike SB Dunk High Pro QS. Although frequently a product of hook-ups with top-tier skate shops and pro skaters, some of these high-top Quick Strike models were merely a result of the brand's ingenious ideas.
- Quick and easy slip on/off is achieved with the help of the heel pull tab.
- Materials utilized vary depending on the colorway. Some Nike SB Dunk High Pro QS are made of all leather while others are constructed using a combination of materials like denim, suede and textured leather.
- The padding on the tongue also varies depending on the version.
- Its retooled outsole offers adequate board feel. It also shows an increased number of grooves for better grip.
- The famous “Swoosh” on the side panels and the Nike SB insignia on the tongue label complete the shoe’s look.
- Perforations on the toe box improve the shoe’s ventilation.