Nike Retro GTS: A retro that never gets old
It started as a "great tennis shoe," and then it turned into a kick intended for skaters in the form of the Nike SB GTS. Now, the GTS is back with a vengeance.
It may no longer be the shoe that tennis players and thrashers once looked up to, but it remains a great shoe through and through. Retaining its heritage styling, this old soul gets the approval of sporty sneakerheads and casual wearers alike.
What to expect from the Retro GTS
As mentioned, this one looks a lot like the classic 96 GTS but with a few subtle tweaks here and there. If this is your first time to have a look at this kick, here are some of the good stuff you can expect from it:
- The Nike Retro GTS is covered with an airy canvas upper making it a go-to shoe for your summer escapades. Apart from the canvas upper, breathability is amped up with the help of the extra two eyelets on the side.
- Still a skate shoe at heart, down below, you'll find the familiar-looking hardwearing vulcanized rubber outsole with a herringbone tread pattern that remains grippy.
- Its simple construction is given a premium look with the addition of the leather-like tab on the heel and embroidered Swoosh logo on the sides.
- Insoles are made cozier and more shock-absorbing than the ones found in the classic version.
- For less than $70, it doesn't look cheap at all.