Nike React Metcon Turbo
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
54% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Nike React Metcon Turbo: A lighter update
The Nike React Metcon Turbo is a cross-trainer that packaged stability and responsiveness in a lightweight setup. From the cushioning to the rope wrap, every element has been simplified and cut down to eliminate excess weight.
Compared to the Metcon 6 which weighs 13.9 oz, the Turbo comes in at 13.1 oz for a US size 11.5 in men's - offering about a .8 difference in weight.
This Nike shoe would appeal to fitness enthusiasts who are looking for the following components in a training shoe:
- A trainer with excellent traction in the forefoot area and efficient stability in the heel for lifting
- Individuals who were disappointed in its predecessor, the React Metcon, and want to experience an improved version
- Responsive energy return for dynamic moves
- Breathable upper
- Rope wraps for climbing the rope
- Heel clip for wall handstand exercises
Nike React Metcon Turbo vs. React Metcon
Updates have been applied as improvements from the previous version. Check them out below:
- The Turbo has a lower silhouette than the original version, offering more ankle freedom.
- The forefoot and heel parts of the sole are now separated for enhanced flexibility during burpees and lunges. The heel was made even wider to provide more stability.
- The Turbo uses a more traditional upper with tongue and lace-up retention for an enhanced and more secure fit. This serves as an improvement from the former release's bootie upper and quick lace closure system, which received flack for mediocre lockdown and small fit.
- The later model features more trimmed down rope wraps and handstand heel clip for a lighter weight.