Nike React Gato
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
60% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Nike React Gato: The futsal specialist
Featuring a data-driven design, the Nike React Gato is infused with innovations that push touch, comfort, and durability to the next level for the small-sided game. This Nike indoor model highlights three technologies to drive performance. These include:
- Heightened underfoot feel. The Nike Touch 360 technology features ‘touch pods’ that enhance the underfoot ball feel. As these flexible rubber pods or ‘pistons’ extend slightly, they push to the sole of the foot, which in turn, increases the player’s awareness of the ball.
- Lightweight and responsive cushioning. Giving an ‘ instant go’ feeling, the responsiveness and softness of the Nike React foam is one of the best from the brand. The foam springs almost instantly after each step that is taken.
- Durable and comfortable upper. The Flyknit upper delivers a comfortable sensation as it hugs the foot. This knit element is reinforced with TPU zones that protect the shoe from abrasion. The texture from these zones also aids ball touch and control.
Nike React Gato vs Nike Lunar Gato II: an update?
Some argue that the Nike React Gato is the true successor of the well-loved Nike Lunar Gato II - and they’re not wrong. The brand has not only answered the demand for the return of these classic futsal cleats, but they also decided to put an innovative twist to the pair. Here are some of the changes:
- The Lunarlon cushioning of the Nike Lunar Gato II has been replaced with React foam for the Nike React model. The latter provides more responsiveness and is softer than other Nike foams.
- While the premium leather and mesh combo used for the Lunar model effectively delivers softness and breathability, these benefits are well-covered by the Flyknit upper of the Nike React Gato.