Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNike Phantom Vision
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Overall the boot fits just extremely well. It's got the same general shape as the elite model which is a little bit tighter.
Features of the Nike PhantomVNM Pro Firm Ground
- The Nike Phantom Venom replaces the Hypervenom line but carries a heavy influence from the well-loved collection. The Phantom Venom Pro Firm Ground is a second-tier premium model that follows the Elite version. This football boot is crafted with some of the brand’s best technologies to ensure that it outperforms the competition on natural grass, especially when it comes to precision.
- Among the boot’s top features is its synthetic upper that is lined with a Nikeskin overlay. This dynamic upper conforms to the natural contours of the foot for the best fit possible. Meanwhile, the added texture around the vamp ensures reliable grip on the ball that paves the way for better ball handling and increased shot precision.
- Another highlight of this firm ground boot is its lacing system that incorporates Flywire cables into its construction. These cables work to provide a more adaptive fit that enhances foot comfort. They also give excellent lockdown on the midfoot for better stability. Additionally, a stretchy tongue allows for a consistent fit.
- On the boot’s base, an HyperReactive plate that performs with impressive flexibility. This innovative plate features a combination of rounded and chevron studs that work to deliver traction on the firm ground pitch. Additionally, it also utilizes a contoured sockliner to help improve fit.
Fit and Sizing
The Nike Phantom VNM Pro Firm Ground comes in the standard sizes for both men and women. It has a regular width and fits true to size. Users can expect this football boot to wrap snugly around the foot owing to its form-fitting upper that features Nikeskin. Fitted with Flywire cables, this Nike model offers an adaptive fit and a firm lockdown on the foot. The central lacing system of this shoe allows wearers to customize the fit. Another football boot with this customizability feature is the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG.
Synthetic material lines the upper of the Nike Phantom VNM Pro Firm Ground. A NikeSkin is infused into the soft and pliable upper allowing it to conform to the foot. For enhanced shot precision, the brand has equipped this football boot with ridges on its instep that helps in ball handling. Additionally, the honeycomb micro-texture detail molded into the toe and vamp also work to improve overall control.
Over the boot’s midfoot lies an asymmetrical lacing system that provides an expanded strike area. Flywire cables installed in the shoe help provide a firm lockdown on the midfoot. Moreover, a stretchy mesh tongue offers a consistent fit all throughout the game.
Nike has designed this football boot with a HyperReactive soleplate on its base. This innovative outsole performs with high flexibility for multidirectional traction on natural grass pitches. It features a mix of rounded studs in the forefoot, which provide rotational traction, and chevron studs around the midfoot, that provides grip and stability for lateral movements.
Special Colorways of the Nike PhantomVNM Pro Firm Ground
Nike Phantom VNM Pro Firm Ground Game Over
Made for the Game Killer, the Game Over pack highlights a sharp and bright look that is sure to bring the game to a mighty finish. It is based on a three part step that starts with achieving the true look of a Game Killer. Once in the zone, the player get’s ready for step two, which is launching his strike and finishing the game. The third step is the euphoric celebration of the victorious ending. Four football silos are included in this 2019 collection, the Phantom Venom, Phantom Vision, Mercurial, and Tiempo silos. Red/black colorways are utilized on the Phantom Venom and Phantom Vision series while anthracite/yellow colorways on the Mercurial and Tiempo.
- This football boot weighs 222 grams.