Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNike Phantom Vision
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
Personally, I think that they could work on the opening I suppose just the way this sort of heel wraps a little bit just on under the outside of my ankle bone.
On foot, it feels good; like very good.
On foot, they check all the right boxes, feeling very natural on foot and ensuring that you have more time to focus on just playing.
Features of the Nike PhantomVNM Elite Firm Ground
- The Nike Phantom VNM Elite Firm Ground is the first in the line of boots that replaced the Hypervenom series. It carries some Hypervenom influence while also bringing its own unique features that make it one of the best performing football boots from the brand.
- One of this football boot’s top features is its Flyknit upper that offers high areas of breathability, stretch, and support. It also utilizes a tongueless design that eliminates the seams bringing added comfort for the foot. Similar to the Pro version, this model also incorporates micro-texturing details on its vamp to help improve ball control.
- Another detail to this firm ground boot is the asymmetrical lacing that works to provide an expanded striking area. Meanwhile, Flywire cables are directly linked into the laces, securing the midfoot. It also allows for a more dynamic fit that conforms to the foot.
- This football boot also features injected blades on its instep. This benefits players by creating a spin on the ball enabling them to make more powerful strikes. Additionally, a contoured sockliner serves to cushion the foot, providing added comfort.
- The base of this football boot is equipped with the HyperReactive plate, which is also used on the Pro version. Known to perform with incredible traction on the natural grass, this sole unit highlights a combination of rounded diamond studs and chevron studs specifically position on the plate.
Fit and Sizing
Nike has released this football boot in the standard sizes for both men and women. It has offered in a regular width and is known to fit true to size. Built with a Flyknit construction similar to the Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground, this boot has a snug fit and offers breathable support for the foot. The Flywire cables installed on the boot’s lacing system help give users a more dynamic fit that adapts to the shape of their foot.
The flagship from the new Nike silo sports a Flyknit construction for its upper. This innovative upper technology offers breathability, stretch and support for the foot. Around the toe and vamp area, the shoe features a honeycomb micro-texture that gives an added grip on the ball for better maneuverability. It also utilizes the Nike All Conditions Control technology that promotes a more consistent ball touch both in wet and dry conditions.
Another detail to the upper is the boot’s asymmetrical lacing system, which gives an expanded contact area. The Flywire cables installed into the laces give a mode secure lockdown on the midfoot as it adapts to the natural shape of the foot. Additionally, the boot’s tongueless design offers added overall comfort as it virtually eliminates the seams
The outsole of the Nike Phantom VNM Elite Firm Ground utilizes a HyperReactive plate, which is known for its flexibility in key areas that results in a more consistent contact with the field. It also allows for reliable multidirectional traction on the natural grass pitch. The boot’s stud configuration consists of a set of rounded diamond studs in the forefoot that deliver rotational traction and a set of chevron studs in the midfoot and heel that facilitate quick lateral cuts while providing stability.
Special Colorways of the Nike PhantomVNM Elite Firm Ground
Game Over Pack
This pack is characterized by a sharp and bright look that will match the Game Killer’s skills. This 2019 collection includes four football silos - the new Phantom Venom and Phantom Vision lines as well as the Mercurial and Tiempo lines. For the Phantom Vision and Phantom Venom, the boots feature red/black colorways while anthracite/yellow color combinations are used on the Mercurials and Tiempos.
- This football boot weighs 201 grams.