Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 11 expert reviews
On feet, the Phantom Vision feels very unique. The tightness and the way it wraps your foot is coming from the lacing system. But you also get a lot of structure from the QuadFit material itself and at the same time feels remarkably flexible.
The Phantom Vision is similar to the Purespeed in that it has an outer layer for the sake of touch and an inner layer for the sake of lockdown and comfort. They follow similar concepts to a certain extent, but they achieve completely different performance characteristics.
It is one of those boots that is hard to compare with other boots. I personally prefer the Phantom Vision over the Obra 2, but it’s not really better. It’s just complete different. If you like something that’s softer and more flexible on your feet, something that offers more traction and has the added grip, I think the Phantom Vision is an excellent model from Nike.
While it is not exactly a revolution, it’s simply just a great football boot. It’s a beast on the ball and it looks to hold up pretty well durability-wise and has the elegance, nimbleness, and comfort you’d expect from a modern control boot.
This is a brand new approach from the Swoosh but still covers some of the same grounds of the Magista. It has a super soft and comfortable upper with tons of grip of the ball. You also get a big clean striking surface.
On the soleplate, you get a soft and flexible sensation with multi-shaped studs. The boots are a bit tight at first and lacks heel lockdown. It’s an amazing boot on the ball and extremely comfortable. It is a great all-rounder.
- Released in July 2018, the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground is part of the Nike Phantom Vision series that replaces the Nike Magista silo. It is built with attacking playmakers in mind. In contrast to the defense-focused Nike Magista silo, the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground is designed for an attack-focused form of play. The features and innovations found on this soccer cleat were carefully engineered to provide precision and control on the pitch.
- The Quadfit mesh is a proprietary foot-hugging structure that is found on the inside of the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground. The woven material used on this technology instantly conforms to the shape of the foot the moment the shoe is put on. Thereby, decreasing break-in time while increasing overall comfort.
- Another interesting feature found on this soccer cleat is the Ghost Lacing System. Nike has done tremendous amounts of research with numerous players and found out that laces are vital in providing a customized fit. The Ghost Lacing System works in tandem with the Quadfit mesh to ensure an unparalleled fit for a broad spectrum of foot widths.
- This soccer cleat also has a Flyknit upper, a familiar feature found on modern Nike soccer cleats. After several years of research and development, Nike has developed a lightweight upper with a sock-like fit which they called the Flyknit technology. Because the Flyknit conceals the lacing system, it offers a wide surface for striking the ball.
- The surface of the Flyknit material has 3D textures. It has three texturized zones with the medial side having the most prominent textures. They provide an optimized touch and grip on the ball.
- This soccer cleat comes with a Dynamic Fit Collar that is connected to the inner Quadfit mesh. It is made of an elastic material that wraps the ankle. The collar creates a smooth transition from the cleat to the lower leg.
- A streamlined soleplate is included in the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground. It is lightweight and flexible with a stiffener bar in the middle for excellent responsiveness. The stud pattern is composed of semi-conical and bladed studs for aggressive traction on firm grounds (FG). It also features the return of the pivot studs for excellent push-offs.
The Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground is available in sizes 4 to 13 in men’s version. Female players who want to use this soccer cleat can choose from 7.5 to 14. It is narrower than its Magista predecessor. WIth the Quadfit mesh, it is recommended for players with narrow to average-sized foot widths. Players with wide feet may experience discomfort in wearing this shoe.
The Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground comes in a three-layer upper construction, namely the inner Quadfit mesh, the Ghost Lacing System, and the Flyknit outer shell.
On the innermost part of this soccer cleat is the Quadfit mesh. It is made of a woven material designed with four axes of fibers. It adapts to the natural curves of the foot and is useful in providing support in all directions. As a result, the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground can give a personalized fit for all foot structures with zero break-in time.
A new technology found on this soccer cleat is the Ghost Lacing System. Made up of six strategically placed lace loops, it creates a one-pull tightening for an equal distribution of tension around the foot. Once tied properly, the Ghost Lacing System locks the foot in place without squeezing it.
The entire upper, including the lacing system, is covered with a paper-thin Flyknit sock. It provides a cleaner and undisrupted striking surface. The elastic outer also allows players to slide their foot into the shoe with no problems.
Premium ball touch from the Flyknit sock is complemented by the textured zones. Corresponding with the Nike Sport Research Lab (NSRL) data on ball control, the textures are made more dense and prominent on the instep where the medial triangle design is found. These 3D textures aid in touching, passing, and striking the ball.
Nikeskin and All Conditions Control (ACC) coat the upper of the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground. The ACC technology is effective in keeping the shoe from getting wet. Thus, maintaining premium ball touch in both wet and dry weather conditions. This feature is also found in the Nike Predator 18+ Firm Ground.
The upper is finished off with a Dynamic Fit Collar that acts as the entry tube to get into the Quadfit mesh. It is made of a stretchy material that is connected to the Quadfit mesh. The material used does not give the same compression as the one found on previous Magista cleats. However, it is effective in providing a seamless transition from the cleat to the lower leg. The collar technology is also found in the highly popular Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite FG shoe.
The versatile soleplate of the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground is both lightweight and flexible yet responsive enough for a compelling play. A stiffener bar is discreetly hidden under the Nike Swoosh logo in the midfoot.
There are ten studs in the forefoot area, including three pivot studs, one support stud, and six hybrid conical studs. The pivot studs are useful in making spins and turns. The four bladed studs underneath the heel enhance stability.
Nike Phantom Vision ‘Raised on Concrete’
The red, grey, and dark grey colorway used for the ‘Raised on Concrete’ pack brings out a clean yet edgy vibe. The medial side of the upper is drenched with a fiery hue. The shades become cooler as they approach the outer side of the cleat. The collar area is drenched in the darkest grey while a bold Swoosh logo is also found in the forefoot area.
Nike Phantom Vision ‘Always Forward’
The striking Racer Blue and Metallic Silver colorway of the Nike Phantom Vision ensures that every spectator catches the pair on the pitch. The standout color combo envelops most of the upper with a blue tint. The hues only get darker as it moves up into the heel and collar areas. The white Nike logo manages to stand out in the heel area.
Another model that is part of the silo is the Nike Mercurials. The pair are equally as stunning with its Volt coloring. The rest of the pack which includes the Hypervenom Phantom and the Tiempo legend shares the Racer Blue colorway of the Nike Phantom Vision.
- This soccer cleat was released in July 2018.
- Famous soccerers who headline the Nike Phantom Vision Elite Firm Ground include Kevin De Bruyne, Philippe Coutinho, and Leon Goretzka.
- With each pair of Flyknit shoes, six pieces of recycled plastic bottles are used.
- A multi-ground variation of this soccer cleat is the Nike PhantomVSN Academy Dynamic Fit MG.