Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Nike MercurialX Victory VI Turf
- The sixth generation Nike MercurialX Victory Turf shoe comes with a synthetic upper. The material used is thin enough to create a barefoot feel, but thick enough to give ample protection for the player’s foot.
- Additionally, a Dynamic fit collar has been integrated into the upper to provide support in the ankle area. A central lacing system has been incorporated into the cleat to create a more personalized fit.
- To some extent, this football boot has a one-piece construction in so that the lower part of the tongue is stitched to both sides of the boot.
- For the insole, a fully removable Ortholite foam topped with a mesh liner is used to provide cushioning. While ample cushioning is present throughout the boot, it is apparent in the toe box and more so in the heel area.
- The outsole features a non-marking outsole with rubber studs for traction on turf surfaces. Additionally, the toe guard features nylon stitching to maintain durability.
Fit and sizing
The Nike MercurialX Victory VI Turf boot has a tight, sock-like fit. A central lacing system has also been integrated into the upper to create fit customization. This feature can also be found in other popular models like the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite Firm Ground and the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 Firm Ground.
This model is available in men and women’s sizes. Men can choose from sizes 9 to 12.5. Women, on the other hand, can choose from 10.5 to 14.
The outsole of this football boot features non-marking rubber studs that are ideal for turf surfaces. Additionally, the toe-guard has been reinforced with nylon for durability.
Featuring a synthetic upper that is a standard for most Mercurial boots, the Nike MercurialX Victory VI Turf has the feel of a one-piece design. Additionally, a central lacing system and a tongueless design have been integrated into the upper for proper boot lockdown.
- The Nike MercurialX Victory VI Turf boot is featured in the Thunder Blue/Gamma Blue/Hyper Crimson/Glacier Blue and Laser Orange/White/Volt/Black colorways.