- A new addition to the selection of street soccer cleats from Nike is the Mercurial Superfly VI Academy Indoor. This budget-friendly soccer cleat model is designed to dominate in terms of speed and adaptability to rapid direction changes. This shoe takes the Nike MercurialX Superfly experience from indoor pitches and out on the streets.
- Sporting a mid top synthetic upper, the Nike MercurialX Superfly VI Academy yields a comfortable feel while providing support for the player’s foot. Additionally, cushioning comes in the form of a sockliner that is engineered to be lightweight while maintaining responsiveness for the ball.
- The outsole of these indoor soccer cleats is created out of a non-marking material that is a useful feature for indoor as well as street surfaces.
The Nike MercurialX Superfly VI Academy IC soccer cleat is engineered to provide a soft and comfortable fit through its mid cut synthetic upper. It is available in men and women’s standard sizes. Male players can choose from sizes 6 to 12.5. Women, on the other hand, can choose from sizes 7.5 to 14. A central lacing system is incorporated into both models to further the pair’s fit.
The upper of the Nike MercurialX Superfly VI Academy Indoor soccer cleat is created with a synthetic material built for softness and comfort. Furthermore, this material is also constructed for foot support. A central lacing system is integrated into the shoe’s upper for a more customizable fit.
The swoosh logo is highly visible as it is printed gray across the upper outlined with a glaring Total Orange color belonging to the neon spectrum. Another colorway selection is a shoe model featuring an upper fully colored in Total Orange with black accents including a bold capital letter ‘M’ at the heel area.
The sockliner placed in this soccer cleat serves as its cushioning system bringing a lightweight and responsive feel to the wearer.
The outsole of this model is created with a non-marking material which is ideal for polished indoor surfaces. The material used also works just as well on street surfaces.
A CR7 version of this soccer cleat has been released in 2018 as part of the 'Chapter 6: Born Leader' collection. This release was a collaboration between Nike and Cristiano Ronaldo.
There are several differences between the original model and the CR7 version. Perhaps the most apparent difference is the color scheme used for each model as well as the additional details found on the CR7 cleat. While the original version sports a White/Total Orange/Metallic Cool Grey/Metallic Cool Grey colorway, the model from Ronaldo’s signature line have colors complementing the Portuguese flag and is inspired by sea exploration. Its colorway features a Clear Jade/Black/Hyper Turquoise/Metallic Vivid Gold colorway.
Details included in Chapter 6: Born Leader collection is an embossed gold-colored ‘C’ which stands for 'captain'. This colorway is also applied to top-tier shoes such as the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG as well as the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite CR7 FG.
Other colorways include:
- Black/Metallic Vivid Gold
- Dark Grey/Dark Grey/Black
- A size 12 Nike MercurialX Superfly VI Academy Indoor weighs at 11 ounces.