Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
87 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
I have one sort of concern with it,it's got a bit of a bubble at the back here so it's quite stiff when it gets to the collar so I wonder how that actually feel on feet. Hopefully, there's going to be no blisters in the breaking period.
Nike MercurialX Proximo is akin to a Formula One car utilizing scientific innovations to ensure you're the fastest players on the court.
Features of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf
- The second generation Nike MercurialX Proximo is practically similar to the Nike Superfly 5. The football boot features a full Flyknit construction in the upper. They also have Flywire cables that connect from the base of the sole to the lacing system to establish superior lockdown.
- Additionally, this soccer cleat has a Dynamic Fit Collar which wraps around the ankle for a sock-like sensation.
- To reduce distractions, the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf shoe has a tongueless design. Despite the non-existent tongue, this model features a central lacing system to maximize the fit as well as promote adjustability.
- Inside the turf shoe is a full-length midsole made out of Phylon. This material is lightweight and creates a responsive cushioning. To get rid of foot slippage inside the boot, the Nike Grip System was introduced into this model. With this system, grip zones are placed in the forefoot and heel area which interlocks with the grooves found at the bottom of the insole. This keeps the insole from moving during fast cuts.
- For the outsole, Nike made use of a Tri-star pattern and rubber studs to create traction on turf surfaces.
Fit and sizing
The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf has a sock-like fit and comes in men and women’s sizes. For men, sizes 9 to 12.5 are available. For women, this football boot is available from sizes 10.5 to 14. A central lacing system similar to that of the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 Firm Ground and the Nike Mercurial Superfly Vi Elite Firm Ground football boot has been incorporated into the cleat.
The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf features an outsole with rubber studs with a Tri-star pattern. Featuring flex grooves and a low-profile outsole to keep the user closer to the turf, this design helps facilitate a natural foot movement. The rubber used is specifically developed to establish a good grip on turf surfaces. To ensure durability, the football boot uses a thicker rubber and has toe stitching.
Spanning the entire football boot is a stiff soleplate. It is important to note that the sole of the turf shoe is rigid and bulky, but it is expected to loosen up over time especially in the toe box.
The upper of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf football boot is a full-length Flyknit that wraps around the foot to create a second-skin fit.
Combined with the Flywire cables that connect to the boot’s laces; the integration of these technologies not only create a snug and secure fit for the boot but, it also increases ball awareness and control for the player.
The Dynamic Fit Collar that fits around the ankle creates a sock-like feel.
- The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Turf has an indoor version.
- The football boot is available in several colorways including Electric Green/Black/Ghost Green; Grey/ Black/ Turquoise and Total Crimson/ Volt/ Black.