Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The general shape and fit of the shoe is somewhat similar to that of the Superfly 5 which shouldn't be too surprising because this is the upper of the Superfly, I will say that underfoot, obviously the feel is a lot different given that you don't have the standard Nike plate soleplate.
Features of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor
- Hugely similar to the Nike Mercurial Superfly 5, the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor features a full Flyknit upper while incorporating Flywire cables connecting to the boot laces. The combination of these technologies aims to create a more snug fit as well as enhance the touch and feel for the ball.
- Although promoting a tongueless design to minimize distractions, this model still has a central lacing system for better adjustability. To optimize the fit, these football boots also make use of a Dynamic Fit Collar. Fitting around the ankle, it creates a second skin, sock-like sensation when worn.
- The midsole uses Phylon to provide a lightweight and responsive cushion for the foot. The synthetic leather liner in this model is notably thicker than the first Nike MercurialX Proximo. Additionally, the Nike Grip System was integrated into the design to help keep the foot from slipping inside the cleat. This model has a removable insole with a mesh liner on top.
- Designed for indoor courts, an outsole with a Tri-star pattern was utilized in this football boot.
- Being part of the high-end boots of Nike, this soccer boot features the All Conditions Control (ACC) technology, which provides precision control and the same level of friction on the ball regardless of whether the football boot is used in wet or in dry conditions.
Fit and sizing
The Flyknit technology that was used in the construction of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor boot creates a snug, sock-like fit from the heel to the forefoot area. Nike produces these boots in men’s sizes 5 to 13. A central lacing system has been integrated into the shoe. This system is also seen in the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite FG and the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG models.
For the outsole, the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor boot has a Tri-star outsole traction pattern. Featuring flex grooves, this traction pattern facilitates a more natural foot movement and allows for flexibility. Using a thicker rubber compared to its predecessor and a stitched toe box for abrasive surfaces, the outsole of these soccer boots strives for durability.
The upper of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor football shoe features a Flyknit construction. This material wraps around the foot to create a second-skin fit without losing breathability.
Combined with this technology are Flywire cables that run from the base of the sole and connects to the lacing system. These cables help in maximizing foot lockdown.
Moreover, a Dynamic Fit Collar that wraps around the ankle creates a sock-like sensation.
- Nike offers a turf version of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II soccer cleat.
- The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor cleats are available in several colorways which includes: Total Orange/Bright/Citrus/Hyper Crimson; Black/Total Crimson/Hyper Grape/Iron Purple/Bright Citrus; Wolf Grey/White/Pure Platinum/Laser Blue.
- This model has a signature version under Cristiano Ronaldo’s line featuring his signature colorway (Blue Tint/White/Volt/Black).