Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The general shape and fit of the shoe is somewhat similar to that of the Superfly 5 which shouldn't be too surprising because this is the upper of the Superfly, I will say that underfoot, obviously the feel is a lot different given that you don't have the standard Nike plate soleplate.
- Hugely similar to the Nike Mercurial Superfly 5, the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor features a full Flyknit upper while incorporating Flywire cables connecting to the cleat laces. The combination of these technologies aims to create a more snug fit as well as enhance the touch and feel for the ball.
- Although promoting a tongueless design to minimize distractions, this model still has a central lacing system for better adjustability. To optimize the fit, these soccer cleats also make use of a Dynamic Fit Collar. Fitting around the ankle, it creates a second skin, sock-like sensation when worn.
- The midsole uses Phylon to provide a lightweight and responsive cushion for the foot. The synthetic leather liner in this model is notably thicker than the first Nike MercurialX Proximo. Additionally, the Nike Grip System was integrated into the design to help keep the foot from slipping inside the cleat. This model has a removable insole with a mesh liner on top.
- Designed for indoor courts, an outsole with a Tri-star pattern was utilized in this soccer cleat.
- Being part of the high-end cleats of Nike, this soccer cleat features the All Conditions Control (ACC) technology, which provides precision control and the same level of friction on the ball regardless of whether the soccer cleat is used in wet or in dry conditions.
The Flyknit technology that was used in the construction of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor cleat creates a snug, sock-like fit from the heel to the forefoot area. Nike produces these cleats in men’s sizes 5 to 13. A central lacing system has been integrated into the shoe. This system is also seen in the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite FG and the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG models.
For the outsole, the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor cleat has a Tri-star outsole traction pattern. Featuring flex grooves, this traction pattern facilitates a more natural foot movement and allows for flexibility. Using a thicker rubber compared to its predecessor and a stitched toe box for abrasive surfaces, the outsole of these soccer cleats strives for durability.
The upper of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor soccer shoe features a Flyknit construction. This material wraps around the foot to create a second-skin fit without losing breathability.
Combined with this technology are Flywire cables that run from the base of the sole and connects to the lacing system. These cables help in maximizing foot lockdown.
Moreover, a Dynamic Fit Collar that wraps around the ankle creates a sock-like sensation.
- Nike offers a turf version of the Nike MercurialX Proximo II soccer cleat.
- The Nike MercurialX Proximo II Indoor cleats are available in several colorways which includes: Total Orange/Bright/Citrus/Hyper Crimson; Black/Total Crimson/Hyper Grape/Iron Purple/Bright Citrus; Wolf Grey/White/Pure Platinum/Laser Blue.
- This model has a signature version under Cristiano Ronaldo’s line featuring his signature colorway (Blue Tint/White/Volt/Black).