Review coming soon
Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO has just been released by Nike. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- Designed for the player who uses agility to score a goal, the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO features a variety of speed elements for active play on artificial grass (AG) surfaces. It is the first takedown model of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII silo. Several components of this soccer cleat are carried over from the top-tier model, minus the Flyknit upper.
- The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO features a microtextured synthetic upper that is useful for providing precise ball control and touch.
- This mid-tier soccer cleat is treated with the NikeSkin and All Conditions Control (ACC) on the surface of its upper. They offer a snug fit and consistent ball touch respectively.
- For the outsole, this soccer cleat has the right mix of flexibility and responsiveness. It has a re-engineered outsole which offers superior grip on artificial grass surfaces.
The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO comes in sizes 7 to 13 in men’s version. Women who want to wear this soccer cleat should can choose from sizes 7.5 to 14. The fit is a bit more accommodating than the previous Nike Mercurial Vapor models. Thus, it can fit players who have narrow to slightly wide feet.
The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO uses a specialized soleplate that offers secure traction on artificial grass playing surfaces. It is lightweight and features a two-piece configuration. The flexibility and responsiveness brought about this ingenious innovations result in a powerful output on the pitch.
Nike used advanced technology to engineer an ideal stud configuration for the Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO. This soccer cleat uses low-profile and secondary studs to efficiently distribute pressure underfoot while enhancing acceleration and braking on AG pitches.
The hollow studs offer increased support while the flex grooves on the soleplate aid in quick transitions during the game.
The upper of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO features a 360-degree construction using a premium synthetic material. It is very flexible and can follow the shape and movement of the foot.
The precision of ball touch and control can be attributed to the microtextured upper. It offers an enhanced grip even when the player is running at top speed.
Also, the upper is treated with NikeSkin and All Conditions Control (ACC). The NikeSkin is a thin material enhances breathability and fit, while the ACC provides a consistent touch and control of the ball in all weather conditions.
The heel part of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO has a synthetic suede lining to further enhance comfort and lockdown. There are also perforations that add breathability in the area.
Its contoured sockliner is effective in providing lightweight cushioning.
- The Nike Mercurial silo is headlined by Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Alexis Sánchez, and Eden Hazard.
- Aside from the launch colorway, a special Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 pack is made for the 2018 World Cup. It is called the Just Do It pack.
- The firm ground variation of this soccer cleat is the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro FG.
- Other firm ground variations under the Mercurial line are the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG and Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground.