Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO
- Designed for the player who uses agility to score a goal, the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO features a variety of speed elements for active play on artificial grass (AG) surfaces. It is the first takedown model of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII silo. Several components of this football boot are carried over from the top-tier model, minus the Flyknit upper.
- The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO features a microtextured synthetic upper that is useful for providing precise ball control and touch.
- This mid-tier football boot is treated with the NikeSkin and All Conditions Control (ACC) on the surface of its upper. They offer a snug fit and consistent ball touch respectively.
- For the outsole, this football boot has the right mix of flexibility and responsiveness. It has a re-engineered outsole which offers superior grip on artificial grass surfaces.
Fit and sizing
The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO comes in sizes 7 to 13 in men’s version. Women who want to wear this football boot should can choose from sizes 7.5 to 14. The fit is a bit more accommodating than the previous Nike Mercurial Vapor models. Thus, it can fit players who have narrow to slightly wide feet.
The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO uses a specialized soleplate that offers secure traction on artificial grass playing surfaces. It is lightweight and features a two-piece configuration. The flexibility and responsiveness brought about this ingenious innovations result in a powerful output on the pitch.
Nike used advanced technology to engineer an ideal stud configuration for the Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO. This football boot uses low-profile and secondary studs to efficiently distribute pressure underfoot while enhancing acceleration and braking on AG pitches.
The hollow studs offer increased support while the flex grooves on the soleplate aid in quick transitions during the game.
The upper of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO features a 360-degree construction using a premium synthetic material. It is very flexible and can follow the shape and movement of the foot.
The precision of ball touch and control can be attributed to the microtextured upper. It offers an enhanced grip even when the player is running at top speed.
Also, the upper is treated with NikeSkin and All Conditions Control (ACC). The NikeSkin is a thin material enhances breathability and fit, while the ACC provides a consistent touch and control of the ball in all weather conditions.
The heel part of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro AG-PRO has a synthetic suede lining to further enhance comfort and lockdown. There are also perforations that add breathability in the area.
Its contoured sockliner is effective in providing lightweight cushioning.
- The Nike Mercurial silo is headlined by Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Alexis Sánchez, and Eden Hazard.
- Aside from the launch colorway, a special Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 pack is made for the 2018 World Cup. It is called the Just Do It pack.
- The firm ground variation of this football boot is the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Pro FG.
- Other firm ground variations under the Mercurial line are the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG and Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground.