Review coming soon
Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Academy SG-PRO has just been released by Nike. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
- A new Mercurial joins the ranks of soccer cleats that cater to speed and rapid directional changes in soft ground courts. Designed to deliver next-level ball touch, the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Academy SG-PRO soccer cleat sports a micro-textured synthetic upper.
- The colorway used provides a menacing look for players with its combination of Black, glaring Total Orange, and White color scheme. Incorporated into the upper is also a traditional lacing system that further the soccer cleat’s fit.
- The cushioning associated with this model is a sockliner that maintains low-profile comfort.
- The outsole of this SG-Pro model is infused with Nike’s modern innovation in terms of stud configuration. The soleplate construction is a combination of soft ground and firm ground studs. The soft ground studs ensure traction in wet and muddy soft ground courts
The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Academy SG-PRO soccer cleat is designed to wrap the player’s foot bringing a secure fit for its wearers. It is available in men and women’s sizes. Men’s standard sizes range from size 6 to 12.5. Women can also choose from sizes ranging from 5.5 to 12. A central lacing system is incorporated into the upper to give players fit customizability.
The upper of the Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Academy SG-PRO is created with a synthetic upper that wraps the player’s foot, creating a secure fit while catering to excellent ball control. The soccer cleat is engineered to have a Micro-textured feel material which contributes to the shoe’s ball control even in wet conditions.
A traditional lacing system has been placed into the upper to further the shoe’s fit. This type of lacing system is also apparent in the more popular models such as the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite FG and the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG. A low-profile cushioning sockliner maintains comfort for this soccer cleat model.
More recent developments in stud configuration gave way to the introduction of the SG-Pro stud pattern by Nike. This innovation is a combination of soft ground and firm ground studs which affords its wearers an excellent grip in soft ground courts.
Initially made just for professional athletes, the SG-pro stud pattern was released later on to the public. The soleplate features a mix of chevron and metallic studs which ensures traction on soft ground courts including wet and muddy surfaces. Placed in the forefoot area are four screw-in studs mixed with chevron studs that are designed to maximize propulsion and adapt to rapid multidirectional changes. Incorporated into the heel area are two screw-in studs, as well.
- The Nike Mercurial Vapor XII Academy SG-PRO soccer cleat is available in the Black/ Total Orange/ White colorway.