Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
91 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
It's hard to believe we're on the 12th generation of the Mercurial Vapor, but the Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite is here! The first Vapor since the Vapor 3 to not feature a Teijin synthetic upper, instead the boot is entirely constructed from Flyknit, along with a bunch of other new features!
I think most will agree that Black and Orange looks much better than Orange and Black on the Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite! Colorway aside, there are common complaints that many have about the new Mercurials that I don't think are 100% valid given my experience with them.
Introducing a Flyknit upper, the brand new Nike Mercurial Vapor 360 football boots - and the Superfly 6 for that matter - are made to give you a sensation of the football boots disappearing on your foot thanks to the 360 degree Flyknit upper construction that wraps the foot all around. The new Flyknit construction on the Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 football boots is also engineered with a one-piece tongue and a seamless transition from football boot to foot in order for you to feel like the Mercurial Vapor 360 becomes a part of your body.
As soon as I saw the Vapor, I can't wait to put my feet on them to test them out. they definitely haven't let me down. They're lightweight and comfortable. This is definitley a winner for me.
- More than just pretty aesthetics, the Nike Mercurial Vapor 360 Elite Firm Ground is well-packed with innovative features that help make this cleat one dominant force on the pitch.
- This soccer cleat is the first to wear a full 360° Fit Flyknit construction. The unique design gives a secure wrap around the foot for that second-skin fit. It also removes the gaps between the foot and the soleplate for a more streamlined design.
- The Flyknit material that lines the upper also employs a micro-texture detail that facilitates a precise touch of the ball. This helps players get better control of the ball especially at high-speed moments of the game.
- Another feature of this soccer cleat is the Nike ACC (All Conditions Control) for consistent performance in all weather conditions. However, unlike the previous versions of the Mercurial Vapor where ACC overlayed the Flyknit product as a separate layer, this time it is embedded into the yarns. This eliminates the additional skin while preserving the performance benefit.
- For an enhanced fit, this low top cleat relies on a central lacing system that allows wearers to modify its tightness. It also uses a standard tongue that cushions the areas of the foot that comes in contact with the ball.
- The outsole of the firm ground version of the Vapor 360 has been equipped with a revolutionary forefoot plate. The plate holds a set of Chervron studs that serve to supply traction on firm ground surfaces to players can easily run past the competition.
With its one-piece Flyknit design, the Mercurial Vapor 360 Elite Firm Ground gives a snug, second-skin fit that does not necessarily restrain movement. As much as the Flyknit wraps the foot like a sock, it also offers enough stretch to accommodate wider feet. Known to fit true to size, this men’s low top cleat comes in the standard sizes, from 6 to 12.
This Nike soccer cleat utilizes a revolutionary forefoot plate that supplies reliable traction in the needed areas. Its Chevron-shaped studs deliver grip on firm ground surfaces to achieve explosive acceleration alongside smooth, responsive braking in the heel. Instead of the visible soleplate, Flyknit replaces it, resulting in a one-of-a-kind look on the base.
Engineered with a full 360° Fit Flyknit design, the firm ground version of the Mercurial Vapor 360 Elite promises exceptional ball touch. Its microtextured Flyknit upper allows for touch accuracy to give wearers enhanced control of the ball.
Meanwhile, the ACC technology ensures that the upper performs consistently in wet or dry conditions.
- This soccer cleat for the firm grounds also works well on slightly wet, short grass pitches.
- Nike has equipped the Vapor 360 with a suede heel lining and the NikeGrip insole that minimizes slipping of the foot.