Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite Firm Ground
- The Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite Firm Ground wears a unique design that deviates from the usual Mercurial. The Swoosh has made a radical move with this new-generation boot that is crafted for players that have speed as their best ally.
- For its upper, Nike has fitted the firm ground version of the Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite with a one-piece microtextured Flyknit. The material offers a snug wrap around the foot. It also ushers in a clean and close ball touch that gives wearers better control of the ball. Meanwhile, the ACC (All Conditions Control) ensures that touch is kept consistent no matter the weather conditions.
- This football boot also utilizes a Nikegrip top cloth that helps give a locked-in fit. The fit is further enhanced by a central lacing system that also allows for some personalization. Additionally, a heel lining also helps provide stability for the foot.
- The base of this football boot highlights a podular plate that is lightweight and functional. This type of sole unit mimics the shape of the foot for the best possible fit. Chevron studs attached to the plate deliver traction that facilitates quick moves on the firm ground.
Fit and Sizing
The Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite Firm Ground comes in both men’s and women’s standard sizes. It has a regular width and is known to fit true to size. This Mercurial boasts a form-fitting wraparound Flyknit upper. Moreover, the central laces also help give a personalized fit to match the wearers' preference.
The Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Elite Firm Ground wears a microtextured Flyknit upper set in a one-piece construction. The stretchy Flyknit hugs the foot in a form-fitting wrap that gives a barefoot sensation. It also caters a close ball feel that improves ball control. With Nike’s ACC treatment on the upper, touch is kept consistent whether in dry or wet conditions.
Nike has also equipped this football boot with its Nikegrip technology that works to lock the foot in place. A heel lining also reinforces stability. Additionally, the shoe utilizes a central lacing system to give wearers the option of a personalized fit.
For its outsole, the brand has engineered this football boot to have a two-piece podular plate. This soleplate is made to be lightweight and highly functional, facilitating speed, which is what the boot is intended for. Underneath, chevron studs are placed on the heel and the forefoot. These studs offer reliable traction by way of rapid acceleration and breaking on the firm ground pitch.
- This football boot weighs 6.6 ounces.
- It comes in a Black/Challenge Red/Metallic Silver colorway and a White/Metallic Cool Gray/Total Orange colorway.