Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
On feet, the Superfly VI Pro feels really, really good. You get the anatomic sole plate now, which we've never seen before in a takedown model. That feels very reminiscent of what we had from the Superfly V, as well as the Vapor XI.
Features of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro Firm Ground
- The Nike Superfly VI Pro Firm Ground is definitely not just your average speed boot. Created to bring speed in all directions, this Mercurial model is equipped with noteworthy features that allow it to compete with the flagship boots.
- For starters, this football boot highlights the 360° construction that wraps the entire foot with premium synthetic. This unique setup creates a secure, second-skin fit that allows for natural foot movement.
- For precise touch, this football boot relies on its micro-textured synthetic upper. The upper also utilizes Nike’s ACC (All Conditions Control) that enable players to perform with consistent ball ts touch on wet and dry conditions. This technology also provides better control even at high speeds.
- Another feature of this football boot is Flyknit Dynamic Fit collar that connects the foot and the lower leg, allowing the ankle to have more freedom to move. The Flyknit also extends to the midfoot and works alongside the laces to give a more locked-in fit.
- This version of the Nike Superfly also utilizes an Ortholite insole. Compared to other insoles, the Ortholite offers high-level breathability and long-term cushioning that brings exceptional comfort for the foot. It also has antimicrobial properties that prevent the buildup of bacteria and fungi that causes the unpleasant odor in shoes.
- The base of this mid-top football boot sports a one-of-a-kind forefoot plate that delivers necessary traction where it is needed. The Chevron studs, on the other hand, work to facilitate fast movements on the natural grass pitch.
Fit and sizing
The Nike Superfly VI Pro Firm Ground is available in the standard men’s and women’s sizes. It comes with a medium width and fits true to size. Since this football boot sports a 360° construction, wearers can expect it to fit like a glove as it conforms to the shape of the foot. Fit is further enhanced by its Flyknit Dynamic Fit collar that gives a secure lock-in and a central lacing system that allows for some customization.
Nike has designed this Superfly model with a revolutionary forefoot plate that performs with reliable traction on the firm ground. The plate holds Chevron studs that facilitate swift moves, especially during cuts and directional changes.
Micro-textured premium synthetic lines the upper of the Superfly VI Pro Firm Ground. This material wraps snugly around the foot for a second skin feeling. Treated with Nike’s ACC technology, the upper gives consistency in ball touch whether in wet or dry conditions. It also performs with exceptional control at high speed.
This firm ground football boot features a Flyknit Dynamic Fit collar that gives a secure lock-in on foot. It also utilizes a central lacing system that reinforces its snug fit.
- This Nike football boot weighs 7.6 ounces.
- The colorway comes in three colorways, i.e., White, Black, and Total Orange.