Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro AG-PRO
- The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro AG-PRO is the mid-tier football boots of the 2018 Nike Mercurial Superfly series. It comes with a variety of modern innovations to make it one of the best speed boots on the market today.
- It features a 360-degree upper construction made up of Flyknit material. This technology wraps around the foot creating a secure, barefoot fit and feel.
- The low-profile Dynamic Fit collar is another key feature of this football boot. It creates a seamless connection between the foot and the lower leg while allowing the ankle to move freely.
- Similar to the top-tier Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite model, this football boot also has a podular plate that mimics the foot’s shape and provides responsive traction on artificial grass (AG) surfaces.
Fit and sizing
The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro AG-PRO is available in men’s version in sizes 6 to 12.5. Women who want to wear this innovative football boot can choose between size 7.5-14. The fit is a bit narrow but can still be worn by players with slightly wide feet.
The lightweight AG outsole of this football boot comes with low-profile studs that offer excellent traction on artificial grass playing surfaces. The secondary studs work well in distributing forefoot and heel pressure as the foot strikes the ground.
The soleplate has an additional flex groove that helps the player make quick transitions during the fast-paced games. The conical and chevron-shaped cleats are useful in making quick stops and sudden changes of direction.
Additional support can also be obtained from the hollow studs and the heel cushioning system.
Although considered a mid-tier football boot, the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro AG-PRO has some of the most important technologies of its top-tier counterpart. A football boot that is designed for agile players, a lot of radical changes have been introduced into this silo.
The 360-degree upper construction of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro AG-PRO is designed to wrap the foot for a secure, sock-like fit. It is made up of micro-textured Flyknit that is thinner and more elastic than the previous models. Thus, precise ball touch and control can be expected from this football boot.
The inner lining is perforated for enhanced breathability. The internal heel counter also offers excellent lockdown, especially when making quick changes of direction. Because it prevents ankle slippage, injuries related to this body part is also reduced.
Its Dynamic Fit collar is slightly lower than the one found in the previous models. As a result, it still creates a seamless sensation from the foot to the lower leg without restricting the ankle.
- The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro AG-PRO can be personalized with the player’s name and flag for a minimal fee.
- A special edition is available for this football boot, specifically the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Pro CR7 AG-PRO.
- Firm Ground variations for this football boot are available in the form of Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground and Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Pro FG.