Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionNike Mercurial, CR7 Collection
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Features of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Academy CR7 Multi-ground
- Currently down to the second to the last chapter of the Nike CR7 limited edition football boot series, the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Academy CR7 Multi-Ground focuses on Cristiano Ronaldo’s record-breaking national team career.
- The Mercurial Superfly VI Academy CR7 Multi-Ground features a synthetic and textile upper. This combination of materials plays a good role in keeping the football boot durable.
- It uses a low-profile Dynamic Fit collar for a secure fit around the ankle. It is also effective in creating a flowing transition from the boot to the leg.
- The Multi-Ground (MG) soleplate provides responsive traction on natural and artificial grass playing surfaces.
Fit and sizing
The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Academy CR7 MG has a tight fit, but the synthetic upper may stretch a bit after a few uses. It is recommended to stay true to size when buying this shoe. It is available in men’s version in sizes. Women sizes are also offered from size 7.5 to 14.
A new feature found on this football boot is the Multi-Ground stud pattern. It has a good blend of conical and chevron-shaped studs that provide excellent grip on firm grounds and artificial turf surfaces.
The podular plate system is similar to the rest of the football boots in the 2018 Nike Mercurial silo. It is flexible and responsive enough during accelerations as well as quick stops and changes of directions.
The signature jade green upper of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Academy CR7 Multi-Ground complements the away kit of Cristiano Ronaldo’s national team during the Euro 2016. The Chapter 6: Born Leader series is inspired by the Portuguese football superstar’s exceptional career from being a prodigy to becoming the national team’s captain and top goalscorer.
On the lateral side of this football boot, there is the Captain’s “C “ incorporated in a raised armillary sphere. It also signifies Portugal’s sea exploration history.
The cross found at the heel of the Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Academy CR7 Multi-Ground is connected to the cross within the Portugal National Team Collection.
The surface of the upper has a screen-printed texture. It provides a precise ball touch even at high speed.
The low-profile Dynamic Fit Collar is made of an elastic sock-like material. It extends to the laced area where the tongue should be, creating a true one-piece upper construction. It hugs the ankle snugly creating a secure fit and streamlined transition from the boot to the lower leg.
For optimum comfort, Nike used a plush sockliner. It provides low-profile cushioning while the internal lining and structured arch offer a secure feel and responsive support respectively.
- The Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Academy CR7 Multi-Ground was released in March 2018.
- This football boot weighs 8 ounces.
- It is available in sizes 1Y to 6Y in Junior version.
- Firm ground variations for this shoe include Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground, and Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG.