Good to know
- The 5th version of the Nike Mercurial Superfly features a full Flyknit Construction that wraps the foot comfortably. The Flyknit material provides a second-skin fit while keeping the foot well-ventilated.
- The upper of the shoe features the Speed Rib 3D texture that is designed for improved ball manipulation. Along with it is the All Conditions Control (ACC) technology that improved ball control in dry and wet conditions.
- The notable Dynamic Fit collar is specifically designed for enhanced fit. The collar wraps the ankle to deliver a sock-like feel.
- The Mercurial Superfly V Firm Ground also features the 3D Speed Plate that adapts to the foot naturally for an explosive speed. It has a lightweight design with precision-placed studs for efficient starts and stops.
The full Flyknit construction and Dynamic fit collar of the Nike Mercurial Superfly V FG provide a sock-like fit for a more comfortable wear. The shoe is available in men’s sizing and the sizes are from 6 to 13. Those women who want to wear this soccer shoe must purchase 1.5 higher to get the perfect size.
The Mercurial Superfly V FG utilizes the re-engineered 3D speed plate. It is designed to follow the natural shape of the foot for a better underfoot feel. Because of the anatomical design of the plate, the gap between the sole and foot is eliminated. Compared to the old carbon fiber plate, the speed plate is made 40% lighter for a better performance in the field.
This soccer shoe provides reliable traction on firm grounds. The studs have the same shape and evenly distributed in the shoe’s sole unit. The studs on the heel are designed for braking and the studs in the forefoot are configured for propulsion.
The upper of the Nike Mercurial Superfly V FG features a full Flyknit upper coverage for foot ventilation and enhanced comfort. The Flywire cables are integrated into the upper construction for a more secure foot lockdown.
The Flyknit upper material also has a Speed Rib 3D texture that is specifically designed to create the much-needed friction between the upper and the ball for better ball manipulation. With the help of the ACC technology, efficient ball control is maintained on both dry and wet conditions.
The Dynamic Fit collar is specifically designed for an enhanced fit. The collar wraps the ankle anatomically for a sock-like feel. It is also flexible enough to allow the quick entry of the foot.
Along with the mid-cut collar is the Nike Grip System that keeps the foot in place. This technology prevents the foot from slipping inside the shoe.
- Carli Lloyd Special Edition
This player-themed soccer cleat was released in honor of Carli Lloyd for bagging the 2016 FIFA Player of the Year. Reflecting the FIFA Women’s World Cup champion’s personality, the soccer cleat was tainted in a modest blue hue with silver accents. Some of her inspirational quotes were also printed on the upper.
- Lock In Let Loose Edition
This colorway series is inspired by the idea that soccer player roles are multi-faceted. A player can sometimes be aggressive yet other times, they can also be creative. With this inspiration, the Superfly V FG is designed with a dual-toned palette, the laser orange and black gradient to represent the player duality. The Mercurial logo is stamped on the rear side while a large Nike graphic is placed on the lateral side.
- Aside from Cristiano Ronaldo, other players spotted wearing the custom Mercurial Superfly V include Claudio Marchisio, Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling, and Marcus Rashford.
- Nike Mercurial Superfly fans can customize this soccer cleat with NIKEiD.
- Othe firm ground variations coming from this model is the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG and the Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground.