Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
With the new AG-Pro, Nike made sure to fulfill two things: that the boot still feels that you'd expect a high-end boot to feel and that you have certainty that neither your boots or your knees will fall apart hta easily.
If you don't like tight-fitting shoes like the Mercurial line or Superfly in general, probably it isn't the best option for you but if you want that super snug one-to-one sensation on your foot, you definitely can get that from this particular shoe.
Features of the Nike Mercurial Superfly V Artificial Grass Pro
- Similar to its firm ground variation, the Nike Mercurial Superfly V AG-Pro is a football boot built for speed, but this time, it has been engineered to perform best in synthetic grass.
- One of the elements that have been designed for speed is the boot’s Artificial-Grass Plate. The plate consists of a unique stud pattern that features more hollowed conical than bladed studs. The whole arrangement is built to produce even pressure on the soleplate and quick changes of directions.
- On top of the AG Plate is the 3D Speed soleplate which offers a contoured sensation on the footbed. Unlike regular plates that feels flat, this soleplate technology conforms to follow the arch of the foot to reduce pressure points and for a better energy return.
- The anti-slip component inside the football boot is the Nike Grip system specially built for the abrasive synthetic grass. The insole technology creates the friction needed to keep the foot from sliding. It is also integrated into other Mercurial boots including Superfly V FG and Vapor XI FG.
- The full upper construction is made of the revolutionary Flyknit that offers a breathable and lightweight sensation. It is due to the presence of micro-engineered fabric of polyester yarn knitted to produce a next-to-skin impression.
- The Speed ribs are also present in the upper construction to improve ball control. These are raised surfaces positioned in the strike zones. The texture is constructed for better dribbling and shooting.
- The football boot is designed with a Dynamic Fit collar that is identical to its firm ground variation. The collar serves as a comfort element to the soccer boot by wrapping the ankles snugly in a sock-like sensation. It extends through the midfoot for a seamless construction.
- The football boot is fastened through a tongueless lacing system positioned at the center.
- The All Conditions Control (ACC) technology protects the football cleat in wet and dry conditions to maintain ball control.
Fit and sizing
Standard sizes are available for the Nike Mercurial Superfly V AG-pro. It can be purchased in both men and women versions. It provides true-to-size measurements. The soccer shoe offers a snug fit exceptionally comfortable for players with extremely narrow to standard foot width due to the full Flyknit. The football boot is not highly recommended for the wide-footed.
The soleplate of the artificial grass variation of the Mercurial Superfly V is arranged with a unique stud pattern composed of eight hollowed conical studs on the forefoot area and two on the heel. The three-bladed studs are positioned with one at the center of the forefoot and two on the heel area.
The low-profile studs are built to improve perimeter traction while the hollowed form is intended for better grip in sand-filled and rubber pellet surfaces.
The plate has an added flex groove surface that is especially helpful when changing directions. It is built with a sturdier form in comparison to its firm ground variation, which responds appropriately to synthetic grass.
A breathable layer of nanofibers makes up the upper construction of the Nike Mercurial Superfly V AG-pro through its full Flyknit material. The groundbreaking technology from Nike is engineered to deliver barefoot sensation.
The strike zones are designed with raised surfaces known as the Speed Ribs. The texture is intended to produce great friction between the football boot and the ball, allowing players to control the ball smoothly.
A central lacing system encloses the football boot for a more personalized fit. On its lateral side is the Nike Swoosh that covers a portion of the forefoot area while the medial side is designed with Nike branding.
Below the lacing system is a sock-like fabric that extends as a collar called the Dynamic Fit. The DF collar covers the ankles with a stretchable, comfortable fit.
- The Nike Mercurial Superfly V AG-Pro can be customized for an additional price.
- The football boot has a CR7 version.
- It is being offered in firm ground and soft ground variations such as the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG, Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground and Nike Mercurial Superfly V FG.