Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Personally, these are my favorite Mercurials of all time. I really like the comfort aspect and how natural they feel. These football boots have a tight fit. They are heavier than the firm ground versions.
Features of the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog
- A notable feature of the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog is its 360-degree upper construction. This technology is designed to wrap around the foot for optimum support and fit.
- This football boot has a low-profile Dynamic Fit collar that is designed to create an uninterrupted connection between the shoe and the foot.
- For a more precise touch and control of the ball, this football boot uses the microtextured Flyknit across the upper. Integrated with its fibers is the Nike All Conditions Control (ACC) technology that acts as the shoe’s weather control element.
- Designed to keep the mud off the football boot during wet conditions, Nike placed the Anti-Clog Traction soleplate underneath the highly innovative Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog.
Fit and sizing
Just like the firm ground (FG) version of this football boot, the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog has a tight fit. It is available in men’s version in sizes 6 to 13. Women's sizes are also available ranging from 7.5 to 14.
The Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 ELite SG-PRO Anti-Clog uses the Anti-Clog soleplate. This game-changing technology uses an adaptive polymer outsole that is compliant when exposed to water. Thus, mud cannot clog the spaces between the studs thereby maintaining an optimum level of traction on soft, muddy fields.
The stud layout of this football boot includes four removable studs in the forefoot and two removable studs in the heel. There are also half-sized, bladed studs spaced out across the soleplate.
Designed for the 20th anniversary of the Nike Mercurial Superfly silo, this innovative football boot is packed with various kinds of modern technologies.
The 360-degree upper construction is made of Flyknit, a material that wraps around the foot. As a result, this creates a close-to-skin fit and barefoot feel of the ball. The micro-textured Flyknit found across this football boot offers an enhanced level of ball control, even when running on top speed.
A gradual coating of the NikeSkin over the upper material. It is very light and thin that it actually allows the player to have a close-to-skin fit and barefoot feel of the ball. Because the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog has a heavier coating of NikeSkin at the bottom and lighter on top, its upper has the ability to stretch enough to fit slightly wider feet.
Nike’s weather control element, the ACC, is embedded into the fibers of the Flyknit material resulting in a reduction of one layer of skin from the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog. Thus, this football boot is soft, light, and more flexible, but can still battle against the harsh elements during the game.
Unlike its predecessors, the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog’s redesigned Dynamic Fit Collar is slightly shorter and thinner. This means that the ankle is less restricted while still maintaining the seamless fit of the previous models. The low profile Dynamic Fit Collar took inspiration from Ronaldo’s modified football boot.
Nike replaced the Brio Cables with an inner mesh, an internal heel counter, and a non-slip insole to maintain the stability and support of this football boot.
- The Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite SG-PRO Anti-Clog comes with extra studs that are 13 millimeters and 15 millimeters in length.
- The Anti-Clog technology was developed for over two years by Nike’s design, materials, and research teams.
- Firm ground variations for this shoe are also available: Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground and Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG.