Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
The fit is very good. It's got some decent width to it and I think it will fit most people. Obviously, it's not going to be too much stretch with the upper with those flywire cables running through the majority of the upper.
They're inspired by the classic sneakers by Nike mainly through the 90s and early 80s... not a lot of stiffness in the midsole. As far as width goes, they're a decent witdth overall, they are going to fit most people.
We loved the Magista Obra II in its FG form, and the boot hasn’t disappointed for the indoor game. The great touch that the FlyKnit gives blends with a quick level of comfort that has quickly made this one of our favorite indoor options. While we’d love to see what the MagistaX Proximo would have on offer without the collar, we’ll be singing the praises for this boot from the rooftops. You deserve this amazing ride…take your indoor game to 11…
Features of the Nike MagistaX Proximo II Indoor
- Using the same upper as the Nike Magista Obra II, the Nike MagistaX Proximo II Indoor shoe uses Flyknit technology. A bit different from the usual design, the Flyknit construction featured in this football boot comes with a 3D texture; these bumps on the upper are especially prominent in the areas of the foot that are often used during play.
- Flywire cables are incorporated into this cleat with the wires connecting the base of the sole to the lacing system to provide structural support.
- For the collar, this model utilizes a different cut. Using a Scalloped Dynamic Fit Collar that links the lower leg to the foot, it creates a sock-like fit.
- The football boot has a removable insole with a mesh liner on top with perforations throughout.
- The Nike MagistaX Proximo II Indoor football boot utilizes a Lunarlon foam for cushioning in the midsole. Considered as a high-end material for Nike, this type of foam creates a springy and responsive ride.
- This model also uses a circular traction pattern on a rubber outsole for enhanced traction especially during fast play.
Fit and sizing
The Nike MagistaX Proximo II Indoor shoe has a sock-like fit. However, this model runs a half size small so, it is recommended to go half-size up the usual size for the best fit. The lacing system is similar to that of the Adidas Predator 19.1 Trainers as well as the Adidas Mundial Goal.
Men and women’s version of these cleats is produced by the brand. Men’s sizes range from 6 to 12.5. On the other hand, sizes available for women are from 7.5 to 14.
The Nike MagistaX Proximo II Indoor outsole uses a rubber material with a circular traction pattern. This outsole is engineered for quick turns and agile play.
For durability, a layer of Nike Grind rubber on the toe has been added as well as a nylon stitching connecting the toe box and the forefoot.
An added feature for this football boot is a non-marking outsole for gym floors.
Nike incorporated a Lunarlon foam into the midsole of the MagistaX Proximo II Indoor. It is designed to deliver a more responsive and springy ride while playing on the court. It efficiently delivers durable underfoot protection.
The upper of the Nike MagistaX Proximo II Indoor shoe uses Flyknit with a 3D texture. The Flyknit upper is lightweight while ensuring maximum comfort and breathability.
Incorporating a 3D texture in the upper with a thickness of 4.5 millimeters at its highest point, this design creates a dampened effect and cushioned sensation when in contact with the ball sans the bulk. It achieves this while still maintaining responsiveness - it creates a ‘ping’ sensation when kicking the ball.
A Scalloped Dynamic Fit collar is used to link the lower leg to the foot. This feature creates a sock-like feel to the football boot.
- The Nike MagistaX Proximo II Indoor cleat is available in several colorways including Heat Map (Volt/ Black/ Total Orange/ Pink Blast), Black Out (Black/ Gum Light Brown/ Black), Triple Volt (Volt/ Barely Volt/ Electric Green) and Heritage White (White/ Challenge Red/ Hyper Blue).