Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
The midcut collar is an actual Flyknit. It has a pretty cool design and feels high-quality and well-made. The rest of the upper is a synthetic material with added texturing. If you have wide feet, it’s not the best option for you.
The shoe is more comfortable to wear after 1 week of playing. It is not recommended for players with wide feet. The feel for the ball is spectacular. The new upper helps you to control the ball. The quality is not the best for its price. After 4 months of intensive playing, the upper material ripped off.
Features of the Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro Firm Ground
- The upper of the Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro FG (formerly the Magista Orden II FG) features a synthetic leather. It is different from Magista Obra II’s Flyknit but still provides a softer, barefoot sensation. It is also known for improving ball contact.
- Different from its first version, the Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro is designed with a Dynamic Fit collar. It makes the boot a stylish yet functional mid-cut shoe. The sock-like collar ties up the lower leg to the foot to produce motion with ease.
- The Rotational Forefoot Zone in the stud pattern allows efficiency during turns and passes. It is an update from the original Magista Orden which has the bladed studs positioned differently. The new forefoot stud arrangement is suited for agile performance.
Fit and sizing
The boot is available for both men and women’s version. For men’s version, it runs from size 6 to 12.5. Sizes 7.5 to 14 are available for women. It is recommended by most to go for half size up as the boot structure is perceived to be narrow. The lace-up enclosure allows for a more personalized fit.
The second version of Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro FG has an updated outsole with a Rotational Forefoot Zone. It is composed of Chevron studs arranged in a circular formation in the medial area. The configuration is positioned for better rotational maneuverability particularly with taking quick turns.
The surrounding studs in the forefoot and heel area are half-conical which is also known for its traction for rotational movements. Overall, it is composed of 14 studs that create stability during agile motions.
The synthetic leather material covers the cleat’s entire upper. The amplified dimpled textured portions represent the areas where the ball usually has contact. Manipulation of the ball feels like next-to-skin sensation with this wrinkled upper.
The mid-cut soccer shoe has a Dynamic Fit Collar for its ankle support. The elastic collar extends through the center of the upper. From the top view, it is a one-piece enclosure fused to the synthetic material in the forefoot similar to that of Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Pro.
Above the sock extension of the collar is a central lacing system that is slightly positioned on the medial side.
The footbed cushioning is a lightweight foam that is fully removable. It is of molded and perforated quality. It provides comfortable underfoot cushioning while enhancing the overall fit of the shoe.
An internal heel counter is installed with cushioning that is meant to secure the heels without feeling wobbly.
- The following colorways are available for the Magista Obra II DF Pro FG: Black/University Red/Bright Crimson/White, Light Armory Blue/Armory Blue/Armory Navy and Black/Cool Grey/Stadium Green/White
- The Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro FG is formerly the “Nike Magista Orden II FG”.