Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 5 expert reviews
This boot is a pretty interesting mixture because it might just be only 170 Euros but it actually brings a lot of the technologies and the concepts from the high-end models and that executes it and brings it to life in a slightly cheaper fashion.
I am not saying it is not worth it. With $170 to spend,if that's your budget, I think you definitely should consider your other options besides this particular shoe but given that really it's the only shoe of its kind, whatever price point it ends up being, I don't necessarily think it's a bad value. It just has to be the exact thing that you want.
The shoes fit well. It has a different feel in comparison to the Phantom III Flyknit upper. This feels stiffer out of the box.
The shoes overall could pass as a top-end model if I'm being completely honest with you guys.
Features of the Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Pro DF Firm Ground
- Nike designed the Hypervenom Phantom III Pro DF FG as a football boot for control and acceleration. Its features are intended to enhance ball touch and change of directions.
- The Nikeskin technology is featured in the boot’s upper. This component is a layer of mesh and polyurethane film that produces a natural barefoot sensation. It is engineered to be responsive to ball touch through the textured upper.
- The football boot’s embossed upper is called the Hyperreactive Texture. Throughout the mesh-based material, multiple diamond-shaped pods make up the strike zone design. The geometric pattern is built for improved ball control.
- The boot is fastened through an asymmetrical lacing system secured by the Flywire cables. These cables are fused to the eyelets as loops. As the laces go through each loop, the midfoot support is upgraded to a sturdier lockdown. Consequently, it provides the overall stability that keeps the foot in place.
- As its name suggests, the football boot offers a sock-like feel through its Dynamic Fit collar that extends through the midfoot. Football boots with the same feature include the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground and the Nike PhantomVSN Academy Dynamic Fit MG. The midfoot area of the DF is fused to the NikeSkin upper to produce a seamless snug sensation.
- The football boot’s soleplate is similar to the Hyperreactive plate found in the Hypervenom Phantom III Elite FG. It is a mixture of Chevron studs on the lateral sides and hexagonal studs on the medial side. The combination of studs aids in multi-directional traction especially during brakes and cuts.
Fit and sizing
Standard sizes are available for the Hypervenom Phantom III Pro DF FG. Both women and men versions are offered. It provides true-to-size measurements and may not give optimum fit for the wide-footed according to the majority. A snug fit is provided through the DF collar that mimics a sock sensation and the mesh-based Nikeskin that produces barefoot feel. The Flywire Cables in the lacing system wraps the foot to bring overall lockdown.
The stud pattern of the football boot is a combination of chevron, bladed and hexagonal studs. The arrangement is meant to aid in quick change of directions.
Six chevron studs line up the lateral side while another six hexagonal studs are on the medial side. The perimeter patterns are designed for that much-needed traction during brakes and cuts.
Two straight bladed studs are positioned in the center to aid in forefoot brakes.
Multiple diamond-shaped geometric texture called Hyperreactive Texture fill up the strike zones of the Hypervenom Phantom III DF FG. The embossed pattern is engineered for responsive shots.
A mesh-based material coated with a polyurethane film is featured as the upper material of the football boot. It is commonly known as the Nikeskin. This technology is designed to produce a lightweight, next-to-skin sensation.
The laces are positioned slightly towards the lateral side to leave more space for strike zones. The enclosure is supported by the Flywire Cables. The laces are looped into the cables to wrap the foot snugly in the midfoot area, giving the football boot overall stability.
The Dynamic Fit collar extends to the midfoot and is positioned below the lacing system. It is fused to the upper material to create a one-piece construction. It has an angled cut that is slightly higher on the medial side.
The mesh liner insole is fully removable.
- The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Pro DF FG is formerly known as the Hypervenom Phatal III DF FG.
- The boot was originally launched in the Radiation Flare colorway. It was introduced in the Fast AF pack during its rebranding.
- The football boot does not have a low top version.
- The soccer shoe is also available in Red and Ice color pack.