Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
85 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
The comfort is good. The flexibility of the upper is really nice, and it fits really well.There's really not too much to complain about.
This is a fun release that won’t really disappoint in too many departments. So, there is note a whole lot of negatives to point out. If there is anything it is something I note with DF boots, that the knit material is likely to pick up plenty of dirt and since it is snug to your foot, a pungent smell. I’ve tried several things to stop all of my DF boots from smelling, but they all end up the same way. But to date, that is all I have to add here!
Features of the Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground
- Learning from its predecessor, Nike made a lot of changes with the third generation Hypervenom cleat. Starting with the upper, the Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground shoe features a full Flyknit upper. A first for the Hypervenom line, this material allows for more flexibility.
- As the name suggests, this football shoe features the Dynamic Fit (DF) collar. The cut of the collar is quite unique as it is more angled to create a more sock-like feel.
- For additional lockdown, Flywire cables that wrap around the midfoot has been integrated into the lacing system of the boot. This setup gives the user more adjustability.
- Strategically placed and mostly lining the strike zone of this football boot are PORON foam pads. With this technology, Nike aims to create a more powerful shot.
- The All Conditions Control Technology is also present in this model to make sure optimum control is present even in wet conditions.
- Also, Nike uses a HyperReactive plate in this firm ground football shoe. The material used is more pliable and allows for a more natural foot movement. In addition to this, the boot provides good traction through its conical and chevron studs.
Fit and sizing
The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground has a comfortable fit through the adaptive Flyknit upper. It provides true to size measurements. It is available in men and women’s sizes. Men’s sizes are available from 6 to 12.5 while women can choose from sizes 7.5 to 14.
The outsole of this soccer boot features HyperReactive plate which is designed to become more flexible. With the ability to bend in numerous directions, it creates a more natural feel to the foot.
The studs used are a combination chevron and conical for maximum traction. The Chevron studs, particularly, are designed for multidirectional movements and acceleration.
The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground cleat features a full Flyknit upper. This material offers a comfortable, sock-like fit while keeping the coverage breathable.
Additionally, to provide structure to the upper, as well as to maintain ball control in wet conditions, the All Conditions Control technology is present.
Flywire cables run through narrow outlets found in the upper that are rooted in the sole of the football boot. An asymmetrical lacing system has also been incorporated into the cables that wrap the midfoot area of the boot. This combination gives the user adjustability to create a better fit and lockdown of the shoe.
The strike zone has been enhanced with PORON foam pads with a thickness of 2mm. This foam is rate-dependent which means softer impacts would result in a softer reaction while hard impacts would result in the foam firming up and creating a pinging sensation without a padded feel.
Lastly, Nike chooses a tongueless design to minimize distractions.
- This football boot is available in several colorways including Black/ Game Royal/ White and Light Armory Blue/ Armory Blue/ Hot Punch/ Armory Navy.
- The Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Elite DF Firm Ground was formerly called the “Nike Hypervenom Phantom III DF Firm Ground”