Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
70 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
I would recommend the mid cut one if you absolutely have to have a mid cut shoe at all...
Features of the Nike Hypervenom Phantom III DF Academy Firm Ground
- Notable features have been upgraded since the release of the third version of Nike Hypervenom Phantom DF Academy FG (formerly the Hypervenom Phelon III DF). The most obvious and valuable upgrade is the addition of the Dynamic Fit Collar. The previous versions were all lower-cut boots. The said collar is seen across all silos of the Hypervenom series in different variations and in other collections such as in the Mercurial line with boots such as Nike Mercurial Superfly 6 Elite Firm Ground and the Nike Mercurial Superfly 360 Elite CR7 FG. Its sock-like quality serves as a support for the ankles.
- A change in the upper from the second version of the football boot was also apparent with the installation of the Nike Skin Technology. It has been scientifically proven to improve the feel on the ball. It gives the barefoot sensation that most players desire to have. Aesthetically, it is a thin layer of mesh wrapped in All Conditions Control (ACC), Nike’s technology designed to protect the shoe in wet and dry conditions. This hybrid of technologies resulted in a breathable material ideal for ball manipulation.
- Small geometric textured bumps wrap the entire leather-like upper. It is another upper component that adds up to the football boot’s touch quality. The texture complements the Nike Skin technology in ensuring the cleat’s next-to-skin sensation.
- In its outsole is a plastic plate that provides basic yet responsive foot support. A combination of bladed and multi-directional studs is installed in the soleplate. The overall configuration of the plastic plate offers traction that is flexible in all types of motions on a firm ground surface.
- The asymmetrical lacing system is used as an enclosure to the football shoe along with the Flywire cables for an explosive lockdown. The lacing arrangement is built to ensure that nothing gets in the way in the strike zones.
Fit and sizing
The Hypervenom Phantom III DF Academy FG is available in standard sizes for both men and women. The football cleat runs true to size. For secure lockdown fit, the asymmetrical lace-up enclosure attached to Nike Flywire cables can be adjusted.
The soleplate of the Nike Phantom III Dynamic Fit Academy FG is made of plastic. It is specially made to work better in short-grass fields. This type of material is known for its lightweight quality.
The studs are a combination of bladed and multidirectional studs. A total of 14 studs make up the configuration. The Chevron bladed studs are lined up in the lateral area where extra traction is needed while the hexagon studs are on the medial side for ground stability. Two straight studs are placed in the center of the forefoot to allow a better grip when braking on a firm ground surface.
The upper of the Hypervenom Phantom III DF Academy FG is composed of features that are constructed to improve ball control. The Nike Skin Technology is embedded in the leather-like geometric textured diamonds seen throughout the upper. The said innovation is a soft mesh layer wrapped with a polyurethane film. It has a free-flowing characteristic that leaves a natural feel when manipulating the ball.
The Dynamic Fit collar is the support and protective element for the ankles. It is similar to the knitted collars found in other Nike mid-cut shoes such as the Magista Obra II Academy. This one-piece design resembles and feels like a sock.
The lacing system is off-centered. It is slightly pushed to the lateral side to make strike zones more spacious and distraction-free. The Nike swoosh spreads in the expansion where the ball is normally controlled. This type of lacing system allows players to manipulate the ball with more control as opposed to a central lacing system where the laces get in the way when kicking or passing.
The Flywire cables are installed in the midfoot and as an attachment to the laces. This type of mechanism wraps the foot tightly to produce secured lockdown.
- The following color options are available for the football boot: Obsidian/Gamma Blue/Glacier Blue/White, University Red/Bright Crimson/Black, Black/White
- The Hypervenom Phantom III Dynamic Fit Academy Firm Ground is formerly the “Nike Hypervenom Phelon III Dynamic Fit Firm Ground”