DiscontinuedUpdate: Nike Flex Experience RN 7
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 8.1ozWomen: 6.7oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 7mmWomen: 7mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Updates to Nike Flex Experience 4
- The 4th version of the Flex Experience from Nike gives a lot of space for the mesh material to provide exceptional comfort, breathability and security. Gone are the overlay system that’s separate from the main fabric of the upper. Now, the entire upper is a singular unit and the overall fit is affected by the lacing system.
- The Flex Experience 4 utilizes next-to-no sewn layers, unlike the layer-heavy Flex Experience 3 that has a lot of stitched parts involved. Because most contemporary shoe designs embrace a no-sew scheme, this one makes it appealing to many runners and shoe enthusiasts. The no-sew construction also lessens foot discomfort and irritation.
- The toe box height of this version is now higher than the one featured in the previous iteration. The toes now have more space to wiggle and spread naturally. The forefoot area basically isn’t as restrictive as before.
- The outsole unit now has more flex grooves on the entire length of its surface. It encourages more natural flexibility and freedom of movement. The hexagonal Waffle pattern gives way to multi-directional flexibility because it means that the grooves face multiple directions.
- The Rubber outsole pods in the critical areas of wear are thicker and more resilient this time around. They are more prominent and more durable, keeping the sole unit well-guarded from the effects of long-term use.
Nike Flex Experience 4 size and fit
The Nike Flex Experience 4 runs ½ a size smaller than the standard. So, half-a-size bigger should be chosen for an adequate wearing experience. It also comes in narrow, medium, wide and extra wide widths. These differences are observed in the mid-foot and forefoot area. Those with different foot sizes and shapes have a variety of choices to optimize their comfort.
The outsole unit features the Waffle pistons, which have a hexagonal shape. These pistons were created to absorb the impact when landing the foot on the ground. They spring back up during lift for a more responsive performance.
Durable rubber in high-wear areas of the outsole ensure that the sole unit is protected from wear and abrasion. These sections are thicker and more durable than that of the previous version’s. Traction and flexibility are also afforded by the outsole unit.
The Injected Unitsole mid-sole component is actually a singular unit that also functions as the outsole. It’s a durable material that runs the entire length of the shoe. An even platform is formed above and it’s meant to cushion the foot well. The surface that’s exposed to the ground has the hexagonal pod design. It’s efficient, flexible and resilient against damage.
A single-layer mesh in the upper unit makes sure that the fabric maintains a non-irritating and comfortable nature in order to give great service to the runner. There’s no sewn layers in this unit, so it does away with the extra restrictive add-ons and thick overlays. This material offers breathable and responsive coverage for a relaxing all-day running experience.
Added security and fit are afforded by the bonded parts on the forefoot, midfoot and heel areas. They’re the extra layer of protection that also delivers a full & well-rounded fit. The Nike logo also assists in keeping the foot in place by acting as a foundation for the upper fabric.