The low-top EXP-X14 from Nike is available in both men’s and women's sizes. This sneaker features a layered upper with the topmost crafted from synthetic material. It utilizes a traditional lace-up closure system equipped with Nike's Flywire technology for a lockdown fit.
Outfitted in a unique silhouette topped off with a translucent upper, the Nike EXP-X14 gives off a futuristic vibe that's made more stylish by pops of vibrantly colored design elements. Its sleek, low-top upper provides versatility and contemporary look while the beefy, plain midsoles balance everything out. Complement the shoe's modern, sporty aesthetic by opting for a pair of joggers and a sweatshirt or keep it casual by pairing it with cropped pants, a T-shirt, and a jacket.
This model’s upper boasts of a translucent finish that features Flywire cables to keep shoelaces in place. Moreover, vibrant decorative design elements provide an eye-catching aesthetic. But this silhouette’s highlight is the brand’s React midsole cushioning, which is revered by plenty of consumers.
Drawing inspiration from the Zoom Vaporfly Elite, the Nike EXP-X14 gives an ode to the brand's past and at the same time pushes the boundaries of Nike lifestyle shoes through the use of numbers and transparent design materials. The shoe utilizes a number of technologies including the React midsole innovation and the Flywire lacing technology.
This model's official name signifies different elements that contributed to the making and designing of the shoe. The EXP stands for ‘experiment,' which according to the brand's Sportswear designers is essentially how they integrated running features into this lifestyle kick, while the X14 is the original codename used by Nike employees for the React technology.
The EXP-X14 is available in a multitude of colorways including sunset, team orange/volt/black/Persian violet, wolf grey/clear emerald/black/viola, midnight navy/mountain blue/gym blue/white, mica green/storm pink/twilight marsh/white, photo blue/black/volt/glacier grey, and light bone/Sequoia/Amarillo/bright mango.
- The N3546 that’s printed on the medial side of the upper stands for the legendary runner Steve Prefontaine’s fastest mile, which he did in 3 minutes and 54.6 seconds.
- Reflective 3M accents on the upper offer stylish details and safety for the wearer in low-light conditions.
- The insoles are detachable.
- A suede panel on the heel part could act like a pull-tab for easier entry.
- The upper’s translucent finish is a modern take on the Nike Zoom Drive, while the exposed TPU plate that’s placed across the midsole takes after the Zoom Vaporfly 4%.