The Nike Classic Cortez Premium is available in men’s and women’s sizes in medium width. This iteration is considered narrow. Thus, many suggest buying a half size up than usual. This pair features a lace-up closure with flat laces to provide a secure fit.
The low-top Nike Classic Cortez Premium carries the classic profile that has been re-imagined for the modern users. It uses a premium leather upper with lux details found all through the upper for a luxurious vibe. It also displays fat belly Swoosh and thickly padded midsole to add a retro vibe. Most users can be seen sporting this pair with jeans, joggers, shorts and even with their activewear. It is easy to dress up or down with the Cortez PRM.
The striking feature of the Nike Classic Cortez Premium is the presence of fat-belly Swoosh. This eye-catching feature intensifies the throwback vibe of the Classic Cortez PRM.
The Corsair debuted in 1968 and was designed by Bill Bowerman as long distance running sneaker. It was reintroduced as the Cortez in 1972 that features a simple and straightforward design that highlights its lightness and weatherproof features. Bowerman wanted to create a shoe that is comfortable and durable which will allow the runners to run longer and faster.
40 years in the market and Nike Cortez is still in demand. It has undergone numerous re-engineering and was able to transform into a lifestyle kick. The Cortez features a thick midsole with an elevated heel, which was designed to reduce the injuries, especially on the Achilles tendon.
The Cortez quickly became the most popular running shoe in the country. With its comfortable and versatile design, this kick was able to move from the city pavements down to the big screen. This shoe was featured in the award-winning film in 2004 entitled Forrest Gump when the titular character ran from Alabama to the Southwest. In 2016, Nike revived the Classic Cortez OG that many retro heads felt excited about. Few months after, Nike release the Premium version featuring almost the same elements but with some upgraded features.
- The material of the upper of the Nike Classic Cortez Premium depends on the colorway. Nike uses premium leather, synthetic or textile materials.
- It has a herringbone pattern outsole for a superb traction.
- The cushioned insole and the full-length EVA foam midsole are responsible for a comfortable fit.
- Nike launched a ladies’ version of the Cortez and dubbed it as the Senorita Cortez.
- The low-top profile provides comfort and flexibility through the ankle.
- The Nike Classic Cortez OG gained popularity because of the 2004 movie Forrest Gump. It was worn by the titular character when he ran from the Alabama to the Southwest. Gump also wore this during the famous scene when he was sitting on the bench reflecting about life and chocolates.