Nike Air VaporMax 2020 FK: Sustainable style
Nike is once again making a statement with the 2020 version of the Air VaporMax Flyknit. Building on the principles that spawned the Nike Space Hippie collection, these low-tops are mostly made of recycled materials to lower the Swoosh’s impact on the environment.
“We wanted to look at not only Nike’s waste stream but other industrial waste streams and how we could leverage that content,” Jesi Small, Nike product design lead, explains.
Highlights of the Nike Air VaporMax 2020 Flyknit
- The VaporMax unit is made with at least 75% recycled materials.
- Around 67% of the Flyknit yarn is made from recycled polyester.
- The Ortholite insole is made of about 50% recycled content.
- At least 80% of the tongue is made of recycled foam.
- The outsole incorporates Nike Grind, which is constructed of surplus manufacturing materials.
Features and benefits of the Nike Air VaporMax 2020
Built for everyday wear, the Air Vapormax 2020 has several remarkable features that raise the bar in terms of fit, feel, and comfort.
- The revolutionary Air VaporMax unit features a lower profile for enhanced heel-to-toe responsiveness.
- A stretchy Flyknit upper offers lightweight support and increased breathability.
- The Ortholite sock liner provides increased step-in comfort.
- An innovative FlyEase system delivers a custom fit that can be easily adjusted.