Good to know
The Nike x Off White Air Presto is offered exclusively in men's sizing. Like many lace-up sneakers, this model uses cotton laces for adjustable fit. Meanwhile, the extra cushioning found on the tongue delivers comfortable strides for day-long use.
This low-top maximalist rendition of the 2000 iconic silhouette showcases modern elements on its padded vintage upper embellished with additional designs in the cage and the "AIR" label across its heel. The contrasted Swoosh logo with visible stitches and orange detail adds striking appeal.
The deconstructed design of the Off White x Nike Air Presto is offered in three colorways - the Black/White, the All White, and the All Black hues with a tinge of industrialism throughout. Wearing this modern kick is relatively easy as it can be paired with practically any ensembles. Most wearers can be seen sporting this with rolled-up trousers or cuffed jeans with plain tees and a cap for an authentic street fashion look.
Meanwhile, for an authentic sporty look, some can be seen strutting the Off White x Nike Air Presto in black with monochromatic white or red tracksuit to further highlight the appeal of this kick.
Aside from the signature features of Off White, another striking element of the Off White Presto is the large piece of foam slab at the top of the tongue with light blue tint on the edge to delay the possible yellowing of the foam. This thick foam adds athletic appeal and retro vibe to this modernized re-issue of the classic kick.
Underneath this thick foam is the iconic plastic Presto label on the forefoot that is usually seen on the regular Nike Air Presto. Another remarkable element is the unique mesh design on the toe box that displays large perforations for that authentic deconstructed look.
One of the most influential names in the fashion industry collaborated with one of the biggest names in the sports apparel and shoe industry to come up with a one of a kind collection. The Creative Director of Louis Vuitton, a music artist, and the designer of Off-White Virgil Abloh partnered with Nike to conceive a pack that displays a futuristic version of some of the Swoosh's renowned silhouettes.
In 2017, this partnership came up with the 'Top Ten' collection which thinned the line that delineates high-performance shoes from the lifestyle sneakers. The unveiling of this collection was considered one of the biggest sneaker launch events in 2017. Several celebrities have posted on their social media accounts a few teasers about this collaboration which further intensified the anticipation to this successful partnership.
Out of the ten profiles, it is said that the Jordan 1 and the Nike Air Presto turned as the crowd favorites for its modern and deconstructed appeal. In 2018, Abloh and Nike introduced another round of Nike Air Presto x Off White in two colorways. These limited edition kicks are part of the 'Polar Opposites' pack and in tonal hues with the colors visible only on the branding and the signature Off-White orange tab accents.
Release Dates of Nike x Off-White Top Ten Pack
Included in this capsule are few of the most popular Nike models and some from the Nike-owned brands such as Jordan and Converse.
The Revealing Pack consists of sneakers with deconstructed look and hand-cut feel to the original design.
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Air Jordan 1 - November 4, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Blazer Mid - October 27, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Air Max 90 - October 29, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Air Presto - October 29, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Air VaporMax - November 2, 2017
The Ghosting Pack got its name due to the translucent upper utilized to all of its silhouettes.
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Air Max 97 - November 4, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Nike React Hyperdunk - October 31, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Zoom Fly SP - November 2, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi - May 13, 2017
- Virgil Abloh x Nike Air Force 1 'AF100' - November 3, 2017
- Underneath the stretch mesh on the toe box is the synthetic Primeknit that hugs the feet comfortably and provides lightweight feel and breathability.
- The TPU cage found on the midfoot provides lightweight support.
- The outsole has flex grooves to provide reliable flexibility while the Air sole unit found on the heel delivers bouncy cushioning and absorbs shock effectively.