Good to know
The low-top Nike Air Max Thea Special Edition is a women’s exclusive sneaker made with a synthetic leather upper. This Air Max SE variety needs a break-in period to avoid experiencing too much stress on the instep and forefoot, and to reduce the chance of getting blistered at the back of the heel.
This sneaker basically runs narrow and small. Thus, reviewers recommend getting a half size higher than one’s usual size. The width may be bothersome to those with a wide foot measurement. Thus, weartesters suggest obtaining a full size up. The sizing options range from 5.5 to 11 US in medium width.
Apart from a selection of metallic hues on its cover, the low-top Nike Air Max Thea Special Edition (SE) is beaming in a minimalist style, dressed in finest materials. Its glossy faux leather cover rests on a crisp white Phylon midsole, which offers comfort coming from its heritage Air bladder unit in the sole.
This silhouette provides a beautiful shimmery finish to a slim-fit tights paired with plain tees with oversized cardigans or casual knitwear jacket; hooded drawstring coat with ripped hole skinny jeans; or oversized baggy shirt with tapered pants. The options are limitless as the style of the Air Max Thea SE is versatile.
Classic elegance is the most noticeable characteristics of the low-top Nike Air Max Thea SE. Women consumers are drawn to the metallic finish on the upper as it elevated the quality and style of this sneaker. The timeless appeal of the Air bladder in the midsole adds to the charm of this Air Max variety. The cushioning capability of the Air-sole unit paired with a lightweight Phylon midsole foam offers a good deal of comfort to the feet, which is why buyers are saying that the Air Max Thea Special Edition is not only fashionable but functional as well.
Three years after Nike publicly introduced the Air Max Thea, a hybrid silhouette of the Air Max 1, Air Max 90 (formerly called the Air Max III), and Air Classic BW, the brand launched a Special Edition (SE) made in metallic faux leather covers.
Nike intended to captivate the hearts of women consumers by coming up with an elevated style of its Thea sneaker. Thus, the low-top Nike Air Max Thea SE was made available in reflective and polished colorways, namely Hematite, Silver, Rose Gold, and Navy starting the Fall of 2016.
The Air Max Thea is a women’s exclusive model that took on the trademark visible Air bubble in the sole of its Air Max siblings. This so-called queen of the Air Max family was dressed in a Flash Lime colorway with vibrant volt/lime detailing when it was initially introduced in 2013 to the sneaker-loving female market. Thea was a stunner on its debut and came in a lightweight form almost resembling the Nike Roshe Run, a sneaker with a minimalist-designed upper.
A not too girly yet sporty silhouette surfaced after the first offering of the Air Max Thea in the Fall/Winter of the same year. This version was covered in Camo pattern with a fusion of gray and blue, plus hits of pink on its upper. Everything on the top sat on a light blue sole that offered a charming glow to one’s pair of tapered pants or plain maxi dress.
Nike developed the Air cushioning technology way back in the late 1970s, which led to the birth of a number of Air Max models made for the runners’ feet, starting with the Air Max 1 in 1987. The revolutionary design of the Air Max 1, marketed as a men’s shoe, did not only reveal for the first time the proprietary Nike Air bubble in the midsole but also opened windows of possibilities for Nike.
The Air Max 1 was succeeded by the launch of the Air Max 2 two years later and subsequently other Air Max varieties in the coming years. From a little pocket of air embedded in the heel portion of the sole, this cushioning unit was stretched to a full-length coverage of the midsole as Nike conceived new broods over the years under the Air Max family.
The Air Max variants became a celebrated selection of performance shoes in the running circuit. Soon enough, the sneaker-loving communities changed the direction of the Air Max line yet maintained its popularity in the market. As sneaker enthusiasts mushroomed rapidly in the coming years, Nike began to refashion its Air Max models and made it more appealing by coming up with sneaker alternatives, slashing off some its performance capabilities.
It was in 2013 when the Swoosh brand surprised its consumers with the low-top Nike Air Max Thea, making it the youngest offspring in the Air Max hierarchy. Barely new in the market, this women’s exclusive model has gone through series of revamps with the release of several styles in a short period. The Swoosh’s 2016 offering of Thea in bright shades keeps this Air Max queen beaming in the sea of sneakers designed for the ladies.
- The sockliner is made with a durable Solarsoft technology which offers comfort to the foot. This material is made of a soft kind of foam resting right underneath the foot.
- The Phylon midsole is a kind of dense foam which is lightweight in form. Together with the Air sole unit, it offers a cushiony ride to the user.
- The visible Air bubble unit in the midsole is made up of compressed inert gases inside a long-lasting polyurethane chamber. For the Air Max Thea varieties, it is placed in the heel region.
- The outsole of the low-top Nike Air Max Thea SE is made of durable rubber with Waffle tread pattern.
- The waffle design on the outsole offers a good deal of traction. This feature was formulated by Nike’s co-founder Bill Bowerman on his quest to find ways to give track athletes excellent grip on the ground. It was inspired by an actual waffle iron.
- Olivia Palermo was seen in New York wearing a perforated cotton-blend jacket, waisted brushed leggings, and Nike Air Max Thea.
- Hailey Baldwin was seen in running shorts and a pair of Nike Air Max Thea Premium sneaker in Desert Camo colorway, and on another occasion in ripped denim jeans and cotton-blend sweater.
- Kylie Jenner was spotted in a suede jumpsuit and maroon Nike Air Max Thea.
- Emma Watson was witnessed at the JFK Airport clad in black Nike Air Max Thea sneaker.
- Other artists seen sporting an Air Max Thea are siblings Hailey and Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Halsey, Rachel Bilson, Bella Thorne, Jade Thirlwall, Vitalia Church, and Vanessa Hudgens.